Author Topic: Task Group Remove Orders?  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Traveler (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • T
Task Group Remove Orders?
« on: December 04, 2012, 06:33:57 PM »
How do I remove just one selected order from a Task Group?

Right now when I highlight a plotted move and click Remove, the highlighted plotted move is not removed.  Instead the plotted move at the bottom of the list is the one that gets removed.

Do I have to highlight the appropriate choices in each of the 3 columns (Location, Action Available, and Plotted Move) in order to remove one specific order?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Task Group Remove Orders?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 06:43:26 PM »

Right now when I highlight a plotted move and click Remove, the highlighted plotted move is not removed.  Instead the plotted move at the bottom of the list is the one that gets removed.

Do I have to highlight the appropriate choices in each of the 3 columns (Location, Action Available, and Plotted Move) in order to remove one specific order?

Only the most recent or last order may be removed. Or all of them.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 04:31:39 PM »

The program doesn't let you remove an order from the middle of the list because it would be very easy to be left with orders that no longer make sense. For example, if you had...

1) Move to Planet V in System A
2) Transit to System B
3) Move to Planet II in System B

...and you removed order 2, that would cause some problems. Equally you could end up giving orders to drop off cargo you hadn't picked up or transit a jump point in a different system ,etc.

Orders are only removed from the bottom of the list so it will always make sense.

Steve

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
I'd think it would be more convenient to deal with the odd problem like that, than with the inconvenience of not being able to delete/reorder the orders list.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:43:25 PM »
I'd think it would be more convenient to deal with the odd problem like that, than with the inconvenience of not being able to delete/reorder the orders list.

When you have to consider writing code that could deal with every conceivable situation in which any of the 150 order types could be missing, not so much :)

Steve

Offline se5a

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 06:14:07 PM »
Ah, so more an error creating problem than just a ship getting stuck doing nothing problem then. 
maybe add a confirm button and parse the orders to see if they make sense?