Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210296 times)

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #720 on: August 01, 2017, 04:42:55 PM »
So it's a Heisenbug.

I'm uncertain what you mean Erik!
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #721 on: August 21, 2017, 12:18:30 AM »
Hi guys. I got a game breaking error, tried to start my game this morning and got the two following errors. The last one is endless...  :'(

1. Error in cboGame 
"Error 380 was generated by Aurora
Invalid property value"

2. Error in UpdateGame.log
"Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table `Game´ "

Any one knows a way to save this installation? Would be nice to keep the 2 games in it.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #722 on: September 04, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
So it's a Heisenbug.

Nope, i cant play Aurora anymore becuase that bug shows up everytime build a ship ...

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that i start by Aurora exe and not by Wrapper ( because it refuses to work since i switched to Windows 7 :/ )

EDIT : I fixed the missing dll file but wrapper STILL wont play, it shows me this bug and main game still has those bugs i mentioned before.
I surrender, i will just wait for C# Aurora ... :(   :'( :'( :'(

EDIT 2 : installing Python have not helped :/

Okay, turns out that those in game bugs were the fault of the starting a game without a Wrapper..
Once i manually switched to UK regional settings bot Portable and normal Aurora work ...
Praise the Lord.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 11:35:12 AM by Lossmar »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #723 on: September 07, 2017, 01:25:33 AM »
I've noticed that some of my latest engine designs automatically create extra engine designs at half the size. My first thought after, "Why is the technology report for engines so crowded?" was, "Wow, free half-size engine designs!" Alas, although they crowd the tech report screen, they don't show up as components I can build on the Design Screen. Reviewing it just now, this only seems to occur with commercial engines.

I suppose I could delete the extraneous designs in SM? I've been obsoleting the designs so I have less to scroll through, so they aren't in my way at present, but I'd like to know deleting them outright won't cause me problems.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #724 on: September 07, 2017, 03:20:05 AM »
I've noticed that some of my latest engine designs automatically create extra engine designs at half the size. My first thought after, "Why is the technology report for engines so crowded?" was, "Wow, free half-size engine designs!" Alas, although they crowd the tech report screen, they don't show up as components I can build on the Design Screen. Reviewing it just now, this only seems to occur with commercial engines.

I suppose I could delete the extraneous designs in SM? I've been obsoleting the designs so I have less to scroll through, so they aren't in my way at present, but I'd like to know deleting them outright won't cause me problems.
I guess those "hidden extra engines" may be what your shipping lines are putting in their ships so careful there.

The following users thanked this post: obsidian_green

Offline obsidian_green

• Lieutenant
  • o
« Reply #725 on: September 07, 2017, 09:45:48 PM »
I guess those "hidden extra engines" may be what your shipping lines are putting in their ships so careful there.

Hadn't considered that. Now I have to leave them alone just to be safe.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #726 on: September 08, 2017, 01:43:12 PM »
They are indeed civilian designs for the shipping lines.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #727 on: September 17, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »
This is very annoying, this is the third time in 4 weeks I get this error, all on new game installments, even on different hard drives... I am beginning to think its my computer, if that's even possible...

Hi guys. I got a game breaking error, tried to start my game this morning and got the two following errors. The last one is endless...  :'(

1. Error in cboGame 
"Error 380 was generated by Aurora
Invalid property value"

2. Error in UpdateGame.log
"Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table `Game´ "

Any one knows a way to save this installation? Would be nice to keep the 2 games in it.
Modify message
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #728 on: September 17, 2017, 05:29:51 AM »
This is very annoying, this is the third time in 4 weeks I get this error, all on new game installments, even on different hard drives... I am beginning to think its my computer, if that's even possible...

It sounds like the problem can't find the row in the Game table in the database that relates to the game. That's a major problem but also very unusual. Are you sure the Aurora.exe and Stevefire.mdb files are from the same install version?

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
« Reply #729 on: September 17, 2017, 01:56:36 PM »
Downloaded the last version of Portable Launcher in the last 2 installments, I think the first one is from the same download but not sure.
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #730 on: September 22, 2017, 08:45:22 AM »
I just got an error in UseFuel.

It seems the problem was that I had ordered a tugboat to tractor another ship, but that ship was destroyed before the tug reached its destination. I did not get a message that it could not tractor the ship, but instead it continued with the list of orders along with the error message. Unfortunately I found the problem before I though about posting here, so I do not have any more specifics about the error message.

Offline Stone Dog

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • S
« Reply #731 on: October 02, 2017, 07:58:54 PM »
It appears that engineless platforms cannot be towed through an ungated jump point with the help of a nearby tender. 

I had the tug (15k tons) and the platform (20k) in a task group and attempted to standard transit.   The tender I had on-station had a jump capacity of 85k tons, and its max squadron size was 2. 
On progressing the game, I got the "this ship is too big for the jump engine capacity" message.   Slapping a weak (standard) engine on the platform resolved the issue, but this is clearly not WAD.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #732 on: October 03, 2017, 07:03:27 AM »
Class design: ratings of gauss cannon weapons are shown inconsistently
  • Rating of Gauss cannons is called "Rate of fire" and shows shots per 5s interval
  • Rating of Gauss cannons turrets is called "Rate of fire" and shows range modifier
  • Rating of CIWS is called "Damage" and shows shots per 5s interval for double GC turret

I propose changing them all either to "Rate of fire" or to "Shots per increment" (same as in Technology report) and show level of "Gauss cannon rate of fire" tech for single GCs (= shots per 5s interval), number-of-weapons-in-given turret multiplied by this tech level for GC turrets and twice the level of this tech for CIWS (same as for double GC turrets).

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #733 on: October 03, 2017, 09:14:16 AM »
Galactic map->Display:
The onmouseover tooltip for both "Show Uncolonised Col Cost less than 2" and "Show Uncolonised Col Cost less than 4" is talking about col cost 4 or less.

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #734 on: October 05, 2017, 04:50:19 AM »
You don't have to research minimum cloaking size 25 to design a cloaking device, but you do have to to be able to research size 20.
I can confirm this cloaking issue first reported in 5.1, possibly fixed in 5.2 but reported again in 5.42 is still around in 7.1.

You don't have to research Minimum Cloak Size 25 to be able to make a cloaking device.
Min Cloak Size 25 should be a free tech anyway. I have fixed it for v5.20.
Steve
Minimum Cloak Size is still bugged. You don't have to research it to design a cloaking device, but you do have to to be able to research size 20.