Author Topic: NATO vs Soviet Union: Part 19  (Read 13370 times)

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
Re: NATO vs Soviet Union: Part 19
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »
I would absolutely love to see this campaign continued. I have gained a wealth of experience from it, and I have decided that this fiction is just as good, if not better, than the majority of sci-fi novels that I have read.

Very eager to see the next installment.

Thanks Steve!

Dan

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 12:11:25 PM »
I would absolutely love to see this campaign continued. I have gained a wealth of experience from it, and I have decided that this fiction is just as good, if not better, than the majority of sci-fi novels that I have read.

Very eager to see the next installment.

Thanks Steve!

Dan

I would like to continue with the campaign as I have expended a lot of effort on it. It may be a while before I return to it though because of Newtonian Aurora.

Steve

Offline Marthnn

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 11:23:26 AM »
I finished reading it all.  Very interesting and enjoyable.

As of yet, my approach to Aurora has been purely about the first 3 x's of the 4X game type, so combat details have improved greatly my grasp of the fourth X.

Wish this campaign would continue.

Offline xeryon

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2012, 12:22:40 PM »
Excellent work.   Wanted to let you know that I stumbled across an excerpt you posted of your writing on Wargamer.   Your writing alone was enough to grab my attention and lure me in.   I can't believe what I had missed.   Excellent writing leading to an excellent game where gameplay and mechanics trump visual fluff (that's what we have imaginations for).

Keep up the writing.   I can't wait to see what becomes of poor China.   I am rooting for them all the way.

Offline theredone7

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 05:10:34 PM »
I've looked at the save game for the database and I sort of know what happens but I need to see how the events unfolded!  Also looks very promising both short term and long term in-game wise. . .

Offline dizzyelk

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • d
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:42 PM »
Tossing my first post in these forums down to say that this has been a very entertaining read.  Thanks not only for this amazing game, but a good storytime to go with it.  I'm eagerly waiting an update. . .

Offline Cocyte

• C
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2012, 11:07:44 AM »
Wow. . .  just. . .  wow!

Not only this story is very good by itself, but also it is an awesome tutorial for Aurora.  I learnt a lot about combat, and I am currently implementing some of the interesting quirks in my current game. . .
For example, my new scout ships will get rid of their active sensors (Also known as the "SHOOT ME! I'M OVER HERE!" beacon) in favor of 3 very large box launchers loaded with long range drones loaded with two kind of buoys :
- Active sensor with a few days duration (enough to gain some intel on the ships and even allows a lurking stealth fleet to shot without compromising its location)
- Geosurvey/small EM & Thermal passive sensors with a 6 month lifetime (dual use - durable hostile monitoring and checking a planet at the same time)

Thanks for the most unwieldy detailled oceanic space sim around :)

Offline MehMuffin

• M
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 03:18:22 PM »
Any chance of seeing the whole campaign in word like for the Trans-Newtonian one?

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 03:35:32 PM »
Any chance of seeing the whole campaign in word like for the Trans-Newtonian one?

I have posted it in this thread: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4786.0.html

Steve

Offline sonofliberty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2012, 10:48:00 AM »
Just read the whole thing. It was great. I hope you come back and finish it as things are really heating up.

Offline MehMuffin

• M
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2012, 10:53:56 AM »
Just read the whole thing. It was great. I hope you come back and finish it as things are really heating up.
Probably not going to happen, unfortunately, as the new version is near-ish to release.

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 04:39:51 AM »
This campaign has been written into a story in such excellent quality that easily rivals many, many scifi books written by experienced professional. It has everything; drama, politics, combat, and suspense. You could write several novels about this campaign and it's events. I can't wait for the next part.

Offline hunter james

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 10:04:00 PM »
Its a shame it doesn't look like you are going to continue this  campaign it was one of the best campaigns I have read I was so entertained by it I read it in 3 days