Author Topic: Three Different Mars's  (Read 1835 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Three Different Mars's
« on: May 07, 2016, 10:27:06 PM »
So I finally got around t colonizing Mars and now I have three different entries for the planet. One has all my infrastructure but no population and the other two have 100,000 colonists each but no population. Its like the two colonization ships got separated and lost and couldn't find the nice little city my cargo fleet was laying down for them. They are all classed as imperial populations so its not like they are split into separate tribes or anything.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
Re: Three Different Mars's
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 04:31:16 AM »
Each ship enacts it's order to set up a new colony, you only need to do it once.

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 04:40:13 AM »
I did order the colony group to only colonize once, the results were three different entries on the f2 menu for Mars which acted as totally separate entities.

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 09:10:04 AM »
You could just SM in an equivalent population to the one with the infrastructure and abandon the othher two.

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2016, 01:52:01 AM »
Now I have many Alpha Centari III A's. Is this because of civilian colonization?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2016, 02:56:03 AM »
Now I have many Alpha Centari III A's. Is this because of civilian colonization?
Honestly it's not a bug I've ever come across. Do you create a colony at the planet before sending any ships there? Or maybe is your initial colony convoy always made of exactly 3 seperate task groups?
Edit: sorry I just remembered your earlier post, so you send 2 ships to create a colony there and end up with 3 seperate colonies? Sounds like a bug.
I'll repeat that I always make a colony at the planet first so that might prevent it happening:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 02:59:21 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2016, 03:02:00 AM »
I have actually 5 colony ships in my colony task group, and they don't create the problem. I believe it is the civilian colonizers that are.

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2016, 10:56:25 AM »
I have actually 5 colony ships in my colony task group, and they don't create the problem. I believe it is the civilian colonizers that are.

Sounds very much like a bug as they should not be starting any new colonies at all, civilian colony ships only serve to move population between established colonies.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2016, 04:51:02 PM »
OR....
Martian Wars of Unification!!!!

sorry,  I'll see myself out
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.