Author Topic: Loading Ships and Troops  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
Loading Ships and Troops
« on: July 01, 2016, 11:52:57 PM »
So my first transports finally came out of production but now I am having problems. First off, I cannot seem to load my marines despite having a small troop transport bay. They just don't show up where it says to select the troops you wish to take one.

Second, I cannot figure out how to assign my dropship to the ship. Yes it has enough hangar capacity for it (250 tons for 250 ton company dropship).

Third, I would like to do this en-mass in future instead of having to do it for every individual ship. So I'd like to outfit a squadron of destroyers with marine companies and dropships and load multiple brigades into transport fleets. Any tips?

Offline ChildServices

• Hegemon
  • Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Loading Ships and Troops
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:27:08 AM »
Did you build the marine battalion or the marine company?

You can assign your dropships to transports in the ship window. You just go to the dropdown menu in the top-right, with the ship selected that you want to be a parasite, and then select the ship you want to assign it to from the list that comes down. Then you click land/recover (whichever it was, I forgot). If they're fighter sized (500 tonnes or smaller) you can use the fighter squadrons window and assign all of them to a single parent ship from there.

In the future, if the dropship is fighter sized, add it to the primary troop transport's preferred squadron in the class design window, and then have the destination fleet for newly built fighters in the industry tab be set to the fleet with all of your troop transports. The new dropships will automatically place themselves inside of the hangars of the transports if there are any already existing in the fleet.
Aurora4x Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/Q5ryqdW

Cold as steel the darkness waits, its hour will come
A cry of fear from our children, worshipping the Sun
Mother Nature's black revenge, on those who waste her life
War babies in the Garden Of Eden, she'll turn our ashes to ice

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 12:27:52 AM »
Yes they are companies.

Offline ChildServices

• Hegemon
  • Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 12:37:18 AM »
No idea, then. This may sound silly but do you have the right planet selected?

Also I forgot to add that you may have to click land/recover on the parent ship, not the parasite ship. Tbh, even if you don't, I'd still do it anyway just to be sure.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 12:54:57 AM »
I'm terrible at using paracites, but one of the carrier gurus may show up and make your day.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Borealis4x (OP)

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 01:50:23 AM »
OK, I was able to load the companies and the transports. Although now I am having second thoughts about the usefulness of the transports. It seems way more complicated than it needs to be to load the marines, uncouple the transport, send it off, and return it. I don't have to make it another independent task group every time I want it to ferry troops or teams do I?

Offline ChildServices

• Hegemon
  • Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 08:56:34 AM »
OK, I was able to load the companies and the transports. Although now I am having second thoughts about the usefulness of the transports. It seems way more complicated than it needs to be to load the marines, uncouple the transport, send it off, and return it. I don't have to make it another independent task group every time I want it to ferry troops or teams do I?
Use the naval organisation chart. Also, the "land on parent ship" order is your best friend.