C# Aurora > C# Installation

C# Aurora v2.5.0 Patch

(1/2) > >>

Steve Walmsley:
This patch is not save game compatible. Delete the Aurora.exe and AuroraDB.db files from the installation directory and then copy the two files from this patch into that directory.

v2.5.0 Patch (6Mb)

I've created an example game, so if you get any load errors regarding missing flag, ship or race pictures, it just means you don't have the same pictures in your installation. You can safely ignore the errors and they will disappear when you start your own game.

Changes List
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=13409.0

Bug Reporting

* If you reported a bug in a previous version, please check it still exists in v2.5.0 before reporting it again
* Please don't report bugs if you are running any mods.
* Please read Known Issues before reporting bugs: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0
Upgrade Note
For those who understand the database (and definitely ignore this unless you are really comfortable with modifying the database), this is a very minor patch in database terms. The only differences are:

* Correction of the 'ATG' field in FCT_MissileType from Integer to Double. Any existing missiles would still lack ATG unless you choose to correct the data as well. Default value is 1. 20% ATG would be 1.2, etc.
* Addition of the Integer field 'RandomNameOrder' to FCT_AlienRace, with a default value of 1.
* Addition of the new shuttle cargo component data to both FCT_Techsystem and FCT_ShipDesignComponents. This can be ignored if you don't plan to use it.
* Removal of compressed fuel component data from both FCT_Techsystem and FCT_ShipDesignComponents. This can also be ignored if you don't plan to use auto-assign tech. Merry Christmas Everyone!

Kaiser:
Merry Christmas Steve, thank you for sharing Aurora with us and being so professional with updates and stuff.

I would also thank all the guys who keep update the database of changes, the ones who report really intricate bugs, update the installer, tool flags and related pictures and all the things that make Aurora a gem.

I feel part of a small family here.

rainyday:

--- Quote from: Steve Walmsley on December 24, 2023, 08:10:31 AM ---Upgrade Note

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this! My 2.4 game has three conventional player races in separate systems, and it was just starting to get interesting. I already fixed the ATG thing, so I was going to skip this patch rather than restart, but your upgrade instructions worked great. It's a small patch, but the missile retargeting fix seems critical, so I'm glad to have it.

Tavik Toth:
Hm for some reason when I click the patch link, the download doesn't start.

Edit: Oh, huh, it starts if I change the url to HTTP from HTTPS.

nakorkren:
I will echo the sentiment from Kaiser, I love the community here and deeply appreciate Steve for all his work making this wonderful game and community happen.

Super happy 2.5.0 is out before Christmas, three cheers for Steve!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version