Author Topic: Lifeless Galaxies  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Suxxor (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
Lifeless Galaxies
« on: May 11, 2020, 11:53:06 AM »
Hi,

I can't find any aliens in my games. Previous game 60 surveyed systems - nothing. Current game 47 surveyed systems - nothing. Am I setting up my games wrong?
Here's my current setup
https://ibb.co/rGsm8V0
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 11:56:16 AM by Suxxor »

Offline mergele

• Leading Rate
  • m
Re: Lifeless Galaxies
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »
Looks fine to me.  Finding things is rather rare but with that many systems I would have expected something as well.  Maybe it's just RNG being RNG again?

Offline Cinnius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 12:26:47 PM »
number of initial npr? maybe it's too low... but i agree with mergele RNG being RNG. :-\

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 04:24:30 PM »
You will eventually run in something. I surveyed 45 systems  at last run in spoliers. Not even proper NPRs. So it's just very RNG involved as people said.

If you don't run in anything, I think I would use that time to build my empire logistics so I can have a robust economy.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 08:32:26 PM »
Sometimes you don't even find spoilers till you survey everything 5 jumps away from Sol.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 08:39:40 PM »
Hi,

I can't find any aliens in my games. Previous game 60 surveyed systems - nothing. Current game 47 surveyed systems - nothing. Am I setting up my games wrong?
Here's my current setup
https://ibb.co/rGsm8V0

real stars or random?

In my real stars game I always have 1 or 2 aliens within 2 jump points, so I guess I have the opposite of your problem.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2020, 08:57:35 PM »
funny enough, I usually get landlocked 3 sistems in by preursors, and have to make warfleets to explore anything. back in VB6 i had invaders 1 jup from sol 2 times
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline baller deluxe

• Leading Rate
  • b
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2020, 09:20:54 PM »
I have the same problem over multiple real stars games, on every version I've played with default settings.  A 50 system game on 1. 7. 3, 70 systems on 1. 8, and nearly 60 on my 1. 9. 5 game.  The only time I encountered an NPR was when I got so bored I had to set the NPR generation chance to 100.

I didn't even realise precursors were implemented and thought they were on the list of things to be added along with star swarm and invaders.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2020, 10:18:57 PM »
I have the same problem over multiple real stars games, on every version I've played with default settings.  A 50 system game on 1. 7. 3, 70 systems on 1. 8, and nearly 60 on my 1. 9. 5 game.  The only time I encountered an NPR was when I got so bored I had to set the NPR generation chance to 100.

I didn't even realise precursors were implemented and thought they were on the list of things to be added along with star swarm and invaders.

Star swarm is in.

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 10:37:05 PM »
Star swarm is in.
Did you find any?
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 11:24:41 PM »

then it seems random enough. I also met pre-industrial races which are good for nothing but forced labor camps.

Offline Chrisianak

• Petty Officer
  • C
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 11:58:33 PM »

then it seems random enough. I also met pre-industrial races which are good for nothing but forced labor camps.

They also make great sources of colonists, especially for different tolerances.  You can use them as normal population by shipping them to another colony.

Offline Arekonator

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 02:33:13 AM »
On the other hand, my very first run: 600 systems, 4 starting NPRs.  First contact happened in march of the first year, while i barely began surveying Sol.  By end of the may, i had all of them visit Sol, before i even developed first jump drive.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 04:09:31 AM »

They also make great sources of colonists, especially for different tolerances.  You can use them as normal population by shipping them to another colony.

True, I'll keep it in mind for my next game. Right now my xenophobic totalitarian empire needs slaves to be sent off random rocks around the galaxy. Once finished we will glass this dump they call homeworld and move on.

:-)

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 04:47:04 AM »
Hi ppl, just discovered my first NPR, some nasty robot.

I did not really get the new diplomatic system, even if I think it represents a big step onward.

However the first time I enter their system (with a jump ship), I received some info, then I moved toward their homeworld, suddently I was attacked and destroyed.

I designed a diplo ship with a diplo module and ELINT, but I was sent down the ocean once again.

From the screen you can see the system and the NPR. What am I supposed to do now? How can I use my diplo ship effectively? Where I see the actual relationship status with them?