Author Topic: Lifepods - Survivors  (Read 1695 times)

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
Lifepods - Survivors
« on: May 13, 2020, 11:31:46 AM »
After a long battle in which many ship were destroyed, I rescued some survivors from lifepods (with my warships).

Events say that my ships are now overcrowded due to the survivors, which affect the maintenance time.

It seems everything logic however, in which window can I see how many survivors I have onboard before unloading them?

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
Re: Lifepods - Survivors
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 11:41:18 AM »
I think you can look at the number of crew on a particular ship under one of the tabs in the fleet window if you select one of the ships in the list on the left (you need to check the 'show elements' box in the upper left first).
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 07:57:02 AM »
Consider investing in small cryo modules to avoid overcrowding when rescuing survivors.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 08:05:31 AM »
Consider investing in small cryo modules to avoid overcrowding when rescuing survivors.

That's a good point.
The smallest cryo module costs 5BP, weighs 50T, and holds 200 people.
Adding one of these to your 5kT+ warships barely affects cost or speed, but can make the difference in allowing you to save a valuable ship crew.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 08:09:32 AM »
After a long battle in which many ship were destroyed, I rescued some survivors from lifepods (with my warships).

Events say that my ships are now overcrowded due to the survivors, which affect the maintenance time.

It seems everything logic however, in which window can I see how many survivors I have onboard before unloading them?

There is a big bug there and I am still waiting to know if they have looked at it http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11298.msg132763#msg132763. We confirmed and tested it here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11384.0.

You need to unload the survivors and then save and reload the game for that to take effect. You cannot see the survivors you are transporting atm.

Extremely annoying.

The following users thanked this post: Marslettuce