Author Topic: Communications established but no more developments  (Read 1092 times)

Offline consiefe (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • c
Communications established but no more developments
« on: May 15, 2020, 01:47:30 PM »
They found me, the proper NPR. They seem(!) outteched by us and they are very peaceful for now, hanging around us happily. After comms established, relations climbed to 32 then for trying I used the lightest request to make them leave Sol. They immediately agreed and went away. Relations got reset to 0. We meet in Proxima after some time and my diplo ship with %30 comm and diplo commander is growing beard on them. We are sitting on the Sol JP alltogether. Also I have Elint module spy ship there and it seems it doesn't do anything as well. It may be Elint module need to be close to their colony to get intel but I don't know.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: Communications established but no more developments
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 03:33:29 PM »
They found me, the proper NPR. They seem(!) outteched by us and they are very peaceful for now, hanging around us happily. After comms established, relations climbed to 32 then for trying I used the lightest request to make them leave Sol. They immediately agreed and went away. Relations got reset to 0. We meet in Proxima after some time and my diplo ship with %30 comm and diplo commander is growing beard on them. We are sitting on the Sol JP alltogether. Also I have Elint module spy ship there and it seems it doesn't do anything as well. It may be Elint module need to be close to their colony to get intel but I don't know.

ELINT only gathers intel on populations - if you check your intel screen the populations tab for the relevant alien race will show the current intelligence points (IP) accumulated for that colony. THose intel points dont immediately translate to data but over time as the value gets higher you will know more about the installation break down and population size of that colony. This process can take years.

Offline consiefe (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 10:25:34 AM »
Oh, thanks. What about gaining relations though? Do I have to find their colony for that too or just this staring contest with my diplo ship can do the job?

Offline Thrake

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • T
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 11:28:19 AM »
Oh, thanks. What about gaining relations though? Do I have to find their colony for that too or just this staring contest with my diplo ship can do the job?

Quote from: Steve
The primary method of generating diplomatic points is via the Diplomacy module. The module must be located in a system where the target alien race has ships and/or populations and both sides must be able to detect the other. Diplomacy can only take place when full communication has been established. The highest Diplomacy bonus of any commander of a qualifying ship is used. The number of points generated per year is as follows:

Diplomacy Points = ((Diplomacy Bonus * 4) + 1) * 100 * (1 – (Target Racial Xenophobia / 100))

For example, an officer with 20% Diplomacy trying to influence an alien race with Xenophobia of 40 would have the following calculation: (((0.2) * 4) + 1) * 100 * (0.6) = 108 Points.

If there is contact but no Diplomacy module in a contact system or the commander has no Diplomacy bonus, then no points are generated from this process (although other factors may generate points - covered in a future post).

Offline consiefe (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:32:18 AM »
Thanks for the heads up but I read all Steve posts. I asked the practical progress on the matter maybe from someone who experienced the situation.