Author Topic: Escaping the 5 sec increment  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Escaping the 5 sec increment
« on: May 25, 2020, 08:33:23 AM »
I recently delivered a surprise attack on the other race that started in Sol, and shattered their naval strength right away.  After the big battle was over, though, I was still being forced into 5 second increments.  So I hunted down all their ships, in case there was still some target acquisition going on. But I'm still in 5 second increments, and has been for three in-game days now.  The only hostile forces in the system are their ground forces. None of my ships have targets  or fire orders.

So I'm not sure what's going on:
- There could be some hidden ships responsible for the "imminent action" warning.  Any suggestions for finding them? I used SM to disable sensors, with no effect
- Extrasolar NPRs started fighting at the same time as me, and are still doing so. This seems an unlikely coincidence, and three days seems like a long time
- Something else?

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Escaping the 5 sec increment
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 08:37:06 AM »
Run Aurora overnight on auto until the first interrupt which will hopefully be past the 5 seconds? Pragmatic approach here ... You can't change the current system, so deal with it  ;)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 08:48:32 AM »
If even one of your fire controls was accidentally left on then it will lock the game in 5 sec intervals.

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 09:06:09 AM »
I can confirm that every single fire control is off.  I've let the game run on 5 sec increments for 12 IRL hours, no change.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 10:17:24 AM »
Make a copy of the DB, then delete all your ships. If you don't have a 5 secs increment, then the culprit lies within your navy. If you do, then that's a NPR and there is nothing you can do.

Offline Zeebie (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 03:47:32 PM »
Ok, I think I found it!  A ship with a destroyed fire control somehow still had a target, and was mucking everything up.  Unassigning every weapon in the fleet fixes the problem. Thanks for everyone's help.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, Vizzy, UberWaffe