Author Topic: Puzzled about DPI scaling.  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Bluebreaker (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • B
Puzzled about DPI scaling.
« on: June 13, 2020, 10:59:13 PM »
Aurora 4x C# scales along with the dpi settings as it should.  But window sizes overflows in the screen and some panels are cropped.  (On 1920x1080.     Not idea if this happens on larger resolutions)

Usually this would be easily fixed on Windows10 by just right click on the exe go to properties->compatibility->high DPI settings.   and set the application override.   But aurora will just ignore these settings.   (Oddly enough doing the same with Aurora mod exe will kind of works but some of the panels will be cropped)

Which so far unless I'm missing something it leaves only the most undesirable option.  To change global windows DPI to 100%.
Any solution?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 11:06:12 PM by Bluebreaker »

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: Puzzled about DPI scaling.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 08:56:31 PM »
We're all puzzled by it too, but without a look at the source code we can't easily figure out what it's doing. I've not written a windows application in over a decade, but back then I read an MSDN page about this. As I understand it the application is supposed to declare that it either doesn't want any dpi scaling, that it supports dpi scaling, or that it supports dpi scaling but will handle the scaling itself. I believe that the compatibility setting only applies to applications in the second category; apps that handle dpi scaling themselves might still scale.