Author Topic: Box Launcher Reload Time  (Read 3332 times)

Offline liveware (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
Box Launcher Reload Time
« on: July 13, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
So, I noticed an oddity with box launchers.

After firing a missile out of one of my box launchers (size 1), I notice that the reload time is displayed on the ship combat tab in the fleet window. The reload time is listed as about 4000 seconds, which by my reckoning is a bit more than an hour. However it takes nearly 12 in-game hours for the launcher to reload and be ready to fire again.

Any idea why this is so?
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
Re: Box Launcher Reload Time
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 01:32:19 PM »
In VB6 box launchers display their reload counter even when not in a hanger/at a maintenance facility, but when that counter reaches 0 nothing happens and no missile is loaded. Were your ships with box launchers inside a hanger or at a maintenance location?

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 02:17:08 PM »
In fact you can't even use maintenance facilities to reload box launchers anymore. Military hangars can reload them at normal reload rates while Space Stations, Ordnance Transfer Stations or Ordnance Transfer Hubs can reload them at 10 times the reload rates.

For most purposes you will need a military hangar for rapid reload and launch of fighters or FAC with box launchers. You also will effect the reload time with officers in the fighter operation module.

Offline liveware (OP)

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 02:29:52 PM »
I was reloading from a space station (with maintenance facilities planetside), that must be the reason it was so slow.
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 03:07:11 PM »
Yes... the reload times for a Space Station is ten times the normal reload rates. As I said... maintenance facilities don't matter at all. You can reload the box launchers from a Space Station with no maintenance stations present at all. The maintenance facilities themselves can't reload box launchers anymore.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 04:58:36 PM »
In fact you can't even use maintenance facilities to reload box launchers anymore. Military hangars can reload them at normal reload rates while Space Stations, Ordnance Transfer Stations or Ordnance Transfer Hubs can reload them at 10 times the reload rates.

For most purposes you will need a military hangar for rapid reload and launch of fighters or FAC with box launchers. You also will effect the reload time with officers in the fighter operation module.

I remember this is currently broken for commercial hangars though, so as Jorgen said you'll have to use military hangars.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »

I remember this is currently broken for commercial hangars though, so as Jorgen said you'll have to use military hangars.

It is not broken for Commercial Hangars. It was changed so that only Military Hangars could load box launchers at some point during the development of version 1.0.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2020, 07:36:25 PM »

Sorry... but I was wrong... you can replace box launchers in commercial hangars. Was just sure the box-launcher reloading text said military hangars at some point, but it does not and I just checked and you can reload box launchers in commercial hangars now.

So it is definitely a good way to station commercial hangar stations at colonies or outposts as long as you also have maintenance facilities there to maintain the fighters or ships you want to rearm.

You can also use commercial hangar ships to reload box launchers on larger ships in the field too now.