Author Topic: Keeping the event window in the foreground  (Read 5734 times)

Offline Zincat (OP)

• Captain
  • Z
Keeping the event window in the foreground
« on: December 26, 2015, 07:57:16 AM »
So, this might sound strange but...

I usually play with the event window in the foreground. I set auto turns, click the increment time I want, then I switch to the event window and let it run there. With the event window in the foreground, and color-coded events, I can immediately see what is happening of importance and I can even somewhat multi task, as in throw a glance from time to time to the event window while doing other stuff. Only if I see a color I know is important I go back and take a look.

But... recently I cannot rely on this. More and more as the game goes forward, my event window loses focus and the system map comes in the foreground. I often see in the taskbar that the order of the open aurora windows down there changes. For example, suddenly the population window moves to be the rightmost minimized window or something like that.

Am I doing something wrong here? Is there something that can be done? I am using windows 7 64bit

Offline Zincat (OP)

• Captain
  • Z
Re: Keeping the event window in the foreground
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 09:07:43 AM »
Yes well, since I solved this in an unconventional way I'm going to post it. Maybe it can be useful for others.

I started looking into third party apps who keep windows always on top. There are quite a few, problem was finding one that would work with a more or less modern OS. I found this one and it works. Posting the link since it's a tiny freeware anyway.

Here
http://img.labnol.org/di/always-on-top.zip

Just started it, selected the event window, hit ctrl+space and it's done. The event window is always on top, if you don't want it you just minimize it to taskbar. Works fine for me.

Offline Thineboot

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 08:30:23 AM »
Those who don't know AutoHotKey, check it out. The above is written in AHK  ;)
AHK is really handy for many programs, not only in this specific task.

Offline Felixg

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:52:41 PM »
The way I got around it was sliding the event window onto my second screen, so I can click auto turns then bring another window up and do things while being able to see the event log out of the corner of my eye. xD