Author Topic: Multi-Nations Earth Start related questions.  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Sinensis (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
Multi-Nations Earth Start related questions.
« on: September 19, 2012, 01:08:40 AM »
It is very simple:
1.  Why the neutral (not hostile) Civilian ships keep running away when one of the faction turned active sensor?
2.  How trading between same location empire handled? Cargo Ships loading and unloading at the same point?

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
Re: Multi-Nations Earth Start related questions.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:25:20 AM »
1.Civilians run away from ALL foreign sensors, because you can open fire on your allies(or anyone at all, for that matter).

2.I'm not sure what you're asking here, but civilians, if not carrying out a contract, will automatically move trade goods based on demand and supply. The start and end points need not be the same. In a multi-faction Earth start, yeah the freighters will pick up goods from the earth colony of, say A, and transport them to the earth colony of B, which is on the same planet, earth, and thus, the freighter doesn't exactly "move" from the planet.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 05:12:57 PM »
1.Civilians run away from ALL foreign sensors, because you can open fire on your allies(or anyone at all, for that matter).

Commercial shipping should only run from hostile contacts - check one of the nations hasn't become hostile

Steve

Offline andrea69

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 04:53:35 PM »
I'm also playing a multi-faction start (with three factions starting on a pre-transnewtonian Earth). I discovered that on the diplomacy screen I cannot assign diplomacy teams for all the factions. I'll make an example: if I assign 2 teams for nation 1, the first dedicated to nation 2 and the other to nation 3, then I cannot do the same for the second and third nation. It looks like no more than 3 teams can be at work at the same time (3 total, considering all races)