Author Topic: Mark already geosurveyed locations?  (Read 1833 times)

Offline Witty (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Mark already geosurveyed locations?
« on: August 16, 2014, 12:13:47 PM »
I could have sworn that this display option existed in one of my test runs, but I can't seen to find it now  ???

Does such an option actually exist? Or am I simply remembering things incorrectly?

Offline Whitecold

• Commander
  • W
Re: Mark already geosurveyed locations?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 12:16:33 PM »
Surveyed locations should be automatically marked, if you look in the Systems overview a bodies minerals are either show as None or No Survey Data available, if I remember correctly. For the planetside survey you can see it in the overview of your colony if the team survey has been done or not.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 05:14:42 PM »
If you are referring to the grav survey points that are needed to find jump points then there is a toggle switch to show where the locations are.  It is on the system map (F3) under the display tab, second one down from the top.  On the Display2 tab as the last of the "Options" is a toggle to hide any grav survey locations that have already been surveyed.

In addition on the system display screen (F9) on the bottom center is a button to show the system as surveyed so you can have your ships automatically resurvey the system using the default orders instead of manually sending the ships to each point.  This would be used if you think another race has found a jump point after you surveyed the system and you want to find the new jump point.

Brian

Offline Witty (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 07:08:14 PM »
Ah I see, thanks everyone. 

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 07:38:16 PM »
I believe the button you are looking for is in the minerals tab of the System Map.

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
I wish there was a better way to tell what bodies have already been surveyed by a geoteam.

The way it works now, I use whether or not there is a colony on a body to tell if its been surveyed, since dropping off the team creates a colony.

But this means my task group destination list gets really cluttered with lots of pointless colonies.

Offline Griswel

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 08:29:53 AM »
I wish there was a better way to tell what bodies have already been surveyed by a geoteam.

The way it works now, I use whether or not there is a colony on a body to tell if its been surveyed, since dropping off the team creates a colony.

But this means my task group destination list gets really cluttered with lots of pointless colonies.

I have that too, and used to run down the moons of a planet until I'd done them all, or all I wanted to, then deleted them and moved to the next planet.  Finally, I decided that the odds against a geo survey team were so large that I'd only do it on super-convenient locations (Luna, Mars) or places which were either worth it anyway or almost worth it.  Same problem, but much shorter list.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 10:22:33 AM »

When you finish the survey rename the planet with something like zzz at the front of the name.  This will help to put it down at the bottom of the list.

Brian

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 11:16:50 AM »
It still moves up to the colony list, instead of staying in it's old order.  For instance, if I survey the moons of Jupiter, they'll stop being listed underneath Jupiter and instead will move up to the bottom of the colony section of the list.

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 05:53:57 AM »
When you finish the survey rename the planet with something like zzz at the front of the name.  This will help to put it down at the bottom of the list.

Brian

Personally I prefer to add (S) to the end of it's name.

Would be nice if we could create custum lists, tho. Make managing a mess of colonies a lot easier and cleaner.

It still moves up to the colony list, instead of staying in it's old order.  For instance, if I survey the moons of Jupiter, they'll stop being listed underneath Jupiter and instead will move up to the bottom of the colony section of the list.

When you're done with a colony you can abandon it to reduce clutter. That destroys anything on it, however, so be sure to remove anything you want to keep first.