Author Topic: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread  (Read 51427 times)

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Official v6.10 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2012, 06:30:33 PM »
"which then got added in-flight at no additional cost. " - that part atleast is how SM works, and if you do activate SM you can add fuel to your freighters.

Offline Silfir

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2012, 09:17:05 PM »
I don't think "New Armour" is an SM feature, and I didn't get asked for a password (like I would if I activated SM mode).  Just clicking on New Armour, even if the armour used didn't actually change, allowed me to unlock the design and add stuff, without ever needing to type in the SM password.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2012, 09:36:07 PM »
the adding components part though, and there are a couple of instances where you can build ships without the appropriate design getting locked, in which case they can be modified as well.

wilddog5

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2012, 02:40:33 AM »
Civilian ships using LP's only works if the ship comes from out system not for insystem destinations

they LPed to B star and then took the long way to a planet around A star in the same system  :-X

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2012, 03:11:18 AM »
In 6. 10 at least, I was able to retroactively increase the fuel storage of my already built Freighter class ship by hitting New Armour in the Class Design window - which reactivates the Unlock option, allowing me to add more components, which then got added in-flight at no additional cost.  Increased storage size from 100,000 to 300,000, if I remember right.  (The extra storage space came empty, of course, so the damn thing remained stuck in space. )

So is the bug that "New Armour" unlocks the design, rather than failing if the design is locked?

Note that you can unlock designs from SM mode, so the fact that you can modify designs in place is NOT a bug; not being protected against doing it inadvertently (when the design is locked) would be a bug.

John

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2012, 04:48:52 AM »
Further too the F9 Bug, not only replacing the missing ones from the 5.54 pack is enough.

I cannot create a new system Space master option. I receive an Error in cboSystem; Error 381:  Invalid property Array index followed by Error in GetBodySuitablity; Error 11: Division by zero then a Runtime error '11': Division by zero and then finally a crash to desktop.

To replicate this go to New game -> Tick Create Spacemaster Empire and Turn Real Star Systems off. Select Default Race, Go into SM mode, F9 then create system....crash

-----------------------------------------------------

To test I installed 5.54 from scratch and then 6.1 overtop, to rule out any additions to planets, flags, races, medals

Machine Windows 7 64bit:

-----------------------------------------------------

Good news
All bugs on creating a Spacemaster game are now gone, so you can cross that one off your list.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:55:49 AM by ardem »

Offline Silfir

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2012, 05:52:52 AM »
Quote from: sloanjh link=topic=5448. msg56166#msg56166 date=1351152678
So is the bug that "New Armour" unlocks the design, rather than failing if the design is locked?

Note that you can unlock designs from SM mode, so the fact that you can modify designs in place is NOT a bug; not being protected against doing it inadvertently (when the design is locked) would be a bug.

John

It "un-greys" the Unlock button without ever entering SM mode.

Offline Bouchart

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 07:25:21 AM »
It's not really a bug and more of a balance issue, but the new fuel storage techs makes the secret Compressed Fuel Storage tech useless.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2012, 08:09:02 AM »
It's not really a bug and more of a balance issue, but the new fuel storage techs makes the secret Compressed Fuel Storage tech useless.
Don't see how.  The new tanks still store fuel at a 50,000:1 liter to hull space ratio vs 75,000:1 for Compressed.

A suggestion of adding matching compressed tech tanks for the new larger capacity tanks would not be out of line.  I'd suggest added the relevent tech lines to the tech systems table, but that would not directly address the issue since the tech type 94 entries do not list the required hull spaces.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline tryrar

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • t
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
Just ran into a viscous bug. I decided to start with ruins on Venus, and after dropping down my construction brigades they uncovered some AWESOME railguns, so I immediately dropped those on earth and disassembled them, which netted me cap recharge 4. Problem is, that was the current tech my pp guy was researching, and when I gained it through disassembling, he up and disappears! I now have 15 spare research labs, and no sign of him, even though he shows up in officers window

Edit: I cleared all assignments from officers window, closed program, and restarted, and there he is. Dunno what that was about....
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 08:50:12 AM by tryrar »

Offline klotho

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • k
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2012, 11:47:46 AM »
Hi guys. 

I get an error 94 was generated by aurora (invalid use of null) (error in loadorders); and each time i let the time pass, i get one more of these, so after 10 time forward, i have to accept 10 error 94 follewed by only one of:

error 3021 was generated by doa.  field followed by a "no actual post"; (error in checkspecialorders)

i use win7 in sm mode
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 01:16:46 PM by klotho »

Offline bobterrius

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:06 AM »

First
After 3 or 4 years ingame, I suddently have this bug

Code: [Select]
Error in RefuelFromPop

Error 6 was generated by Aurora
Overflow

It happens when a ship have a conditionnal order to refuel at my homeworld. And the other strange things is that when I put an order to refuel at my homeworld, in the "events" they said that the order is completed, but there is no loading of fuel into my ship.

In the same way, when a new ship is built, she comes without fuel.

And yes, I have fuel available in my homeworld.

Second

When I design a survey vessel.
For the same design, if I put "Phased gravitational sensors", it's a Military vessel.
But if I put "Phased Geological sensors", it's a commercial Vessel.

Thank you.

Offline bean

• Rear Admiral
  • b
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2012, 12:36:11 PM »
Second

When I design a survey vessel.
For the same design, if I put "Phased gravitational sensors", it's a Military vessel.
But if I put "Phased Geological sensors", it's a commercial Vessel.

Thank you.
That's not a bug.  Steve intentionally made grav survey systems military.
This is Excel-in-Space, not Wing Commander - Rastaman

Offline bobterrius

• Petty Officer
  • b
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2012, 12:44:26 PM »
Ah, oj, thank you. It was my other hypothesis.

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
I have three Shipping Lines. They have just launched their first ships, all were accompanied by
Error 3201 was generated by DOA.Recordset.
You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in table "TechSystem".
Please report etc.

The colony ship does zip about between Earth and Mars, but the freighters are stuck at Earth although they have orders to unload trade goods at Mars.

Ian

Edit: The large freighter has apparently made three round trips to Mars although at no time was it observed to travel to Mars, so last remarks on freighters are not accurate.

Edit 2 The error message only appears when the Shipping Lines introduce a new design.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:03:57 AM by IanD »
IanD