Author Topic: Stuck on small increments  (Read 1966 times)

Offline chrislocke2000 (OP)

• Captain
  • c
Stuck on small increments
« on: October 06, 2015, 02:36:28 AM »
My current game has slowed to endless two hour increments with the occasional batches of 15 min increments 5/25 second ones. It's clear that some NPRs are having a whale of a time whilst I'm stuck creeping through the hours. I had hoped that the NPRs would settle their differences but having put up with this for three months or so of game time I think enough is enough.

Outside of asking for the designer password is there any way in SM mode to identify the offending system and either resolve the NPRs differences for them or select it for a time bubble?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Stuck on small increments
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 03:42:16 AM »
Unfortunately you can't just look at the event log that's saved on the HDD, since that has detailed NPR information but only updates once a year.
Try turning off sensors for all systems?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

calem

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:56:31 AM »
Im in much the same boat and theres not a great deal you can do unfortunately.   Around 20 years in I suffered an epic slowdown where each 5 second tick was taking 2 or 3 minutes to process.   By hopping to SM and checking the log I deduce its a really big battle somewhere out there.   Unfortunately the engagement lasts some 9 minutes, with further scattered action for a day or so, the time per 5s tick varied but it was quite a slog.

Also im not sure the time bubble works that way, doesn't it just run the current system and freeze the entirety of the rest of the universe?  Not remove 1 system from the loop.

In the end I just got my view onto a system with a bunch of frozen mass driver packets, set auto-turns 8 hours and read a book, once the packets generated tails that caught my eye.   Sucked, took hours :(

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 06:13:49 PM »
Im in much the same boat and theres not a great deal you can do unfortunately.   Around 20 years in I suffered an epic slowdown where each 5 second tick was taking 2 or 3 minutes to process.   By hopping to SM and checking the log I deduce its a really big battle somewhere out there.   Unfortunately the engagement lasts some 9 minutes, with further scattered action for a day or so, the time per 5s tick varied but it was quite a slog.

Also im not sure the time bubble works that way, doesn't it just run the current system and freeze the entirety of the rest of the universe?  Not remove 1 system from the loop.

In the end I just got my view onto a system with a bunch of frozen mass driver packets, set auto-turns 8 hours and read a book, once the packets generated tails that caught my eye.   Sucked, took hours :(
That's actually brilliant!

Offline Din182

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2015, 02:28:57 PM »

I had 15 hours of game-time in 5 second increments in one game. Since I have two monitors, I just let Aurora run on one, and used the other to do other things.
Invader Fleet #13090 has notified Fleet Command that it intendeds to Unload Trade Goods at Earth!