Author Topic: Some sketches about commander bonuses and effects  (Read 1690 times)

Offline serger (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Some sketches about commander bonuses and effects
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:32:13 PM »
Crew Training Rating

As for now, good commander trains his ship crew for decades and crew level continues to grow, and it's no chance to loose this value without refitting ship. I think it must depend more strongly on training exersises and commander Crew Training Rating. It must take about 6 month to year to train new ship crew to their highest level of readiness, and if you replace CO and stop training, than crew level must drop quite quickly.

Fleet Movement Initiative Rating

As for now, this bonus is quite useless, except for some micromanaging order features. I think it will be great to rename it to Reaction Rating, for example, and count it not only for moving, but also for decreasing delays of sensor an weapon use, increasing chances of damage control momentary repairs.

Xenology (not Xenoarcheology!)

Boost Intelligence Bonus, when it used against another race empire.
Boost Diplomacy Bonus, when it used against another race conquerred population.
Boost Factory Production (better to be Engeneering Bonus) in salvaging another race wrecks.

Fighter Operations

It is strong need here to have some essential time values of fighter operations in battle (refuelling, rearming, launching and landing). Using of carriers looks very odd now without such things. (I understand, that launching time will complicate using of fighter TGs, but it can be emulated simply by sensor and fire delay for fighters after launching from hangar.)

Factory Production

I think it will be good to rename it as Engeneering Bonus and count in maintenance failure checks, reparing time and checks for supply consumption need for repair.
And it will be great, if SY will be orbital station with crew and CO, and than CO Engeneering Bonus will boost SY Operations and Shipbuilding time, combining with governor bonus.