Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210310 times)

Offline Mr_yourface13

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #825 on: May 31, 2018, 03:19:06 AM »
First day install, so might be my bad (take it with a grain of salt).  The Commanders/personnel GUI extends below my monitor's view and the window is not configurable/resizeable.  Looked for options menu and none existed.  Have to move on to auto assign I guess?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #826 on: May 31, 2018, 11:07:57 AM »
First day install, so might be my bad (take it with a grain of salt).  The Commanders/personnel GUI extends below my monitor's view and the window is not configurable/resizeable.  Looked for options menu and none existed.  Have to move on to auto assign I guess?

You can try 'Reduced Height Windows' to get the game's vertical resolution down to 900 pixels, but anything smaller that requires (third party) screen-scrolling software, multiple monitors, virtual desktops, or the like.

Offline Mr_yourface13

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #827 on: May 31, 2018, 11:52:48 PM »
Where does one find this reduced height Windows? Is it a setting somewhere, add-on, or config file edit?

Offline Demonides

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #828 on: June 01, 2018, 12:51:43 AM »
https://imgur.com/a/ue4LiYZ  ;)

Main tab -> Game parameters

The following users thanked this post: Mr_yourface13

Offline Mr_yourface13

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #829 on: June 01, 2018, 10:33:03 AM »
Thanks! I assumed that tab was for actual game params.  Mistakes were made.  :)

Offline Bremen

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #830 on: June 11, 2018, 08:41:25 PM »
I've got an LP going and found a bug I might not have noticed if I wasn't watching things carefully.

Situation: Destroyer has a strength 20 shield and gets hit by 5 strength 7 missiles. Logically, this should result in absorbing the first two hits, taking 1 bleedthrough from the 3rd, and then two full strength 7 missile hits. Instead I got a very weird result, with the shield fully absorbing the first two and then part of the other 3:

Looks to me almost like somewhere in the coding the damage dealt to shields and the damage bleeding through the shields are getting switched about.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #831 on: July 15, 2018, 01:55:28 AM »
Had set up a shuttle to "Join Parent Fleet if in System" when condition "50% fuel or less" is met. This got activated and a join command was given. However, that led to a series of "Error 5" messages. After removing the command and inserting it manually, it worked. So what went wrong here? Superior formation was set to the mothership of that shuttle.

Offline Felius

• Chief Petty Officer
  • F
« Reply #832 on: July 18, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »
Brief search didn't manage to find this, so:

Prefabbing 10 PDCs ended with a net result of components for 3. Might be because my production capability was large enough that the production took very short time, possibly only a few construction ticks.

Offline bsh

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #833 on: July 24, 2018, 03:51:48 AM »
Sorry if this has already been reported, but apparently when bombarding a planet and making atmospheric dust, it's cooldown effect has no limit on the temperature, and it can go way below absolute zero. Also, the liquid surface doesn't freeze.
https://i.imgur.com/z5WkbbN.png
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 03:53:34 AM by bsh »

Offline TheEightWonder

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #834 on: August 09, 2018, 02:38:53 PM »
So yeah the 3 time playing aurora and i first get error 366, fix that, then i get error 3075, fix that and than comes the fun part after loading my save game agen i look at the mineral tab and i see very wierd numbers for mineral content and consumption (if i would know how to post a screen shot i would) they are basicly in the thoudends ratio.  that means that is says that i have 251 avalabal duranium and anual comsumption of 1, but in reality i have  251730 duranium and anual consumption of 750.

(This is pretty anoying and it ruens the game for me but i wouldn't know why it seems minor but what ever) So i start a new game same thing, reinstal the game the exampel game is fine all normal and when i start my own game it's the same thing.  i redownlad the launcher and try agene same thing example fine my game not.  So i try to space master new minerals still the same and i look at the other bodies in the system also the same.

One more thing to mention when i fixed error 3075 by changing the comma to a dot i had the game open and i acedently started a new one while the other one wasstill runing and ther i first saw the probely, and when i unistaled aurora i delited all the othere filesin the same folder if tehre are other pleas tell me

So i gave up and i googled the probeln like the other ones and i found nothing if there has been a fix for thes pleas tell me because i could not find it.
Hope that i can slove this soon so i can go and concuer the galaxy

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #835 on: August 09, 2018, 05:20:52 PM »
when i fixed error 3075 by changing the comma to a dot i had the game open and i acedently started a new one while the other one wasstill runing

Delete your current Aurora and use the Portable version from here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=5663.0
It removes user errors from installing/setup. Never run 2 instances of Aurora at the same time.

The following users thanked this post: TheEightWonder

Offline TheEightWonder

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #836 on: August 10, 2018, 03:04:28 AM »
Thanky you and i did what you said and it didn't help.

What i did find was if i changed back to getting error 3075 that the numbers were fine and then i fixed it agne and now it works perfetly so. . .

Well thank you any way

Offline bsh

• b
« Reply #837 on: August 14, 2018, 11:47:18 AM »
Hi,
I've had a very long running and super buggy game, which I tried to fix with SM and DM, and could fix almost all problems. Except for one: when I open the Civilian Shipping window, it takes literally 5 to 10 minutes to open! But once open, it works fine and fast. What could be the reason for that?
I have deleted several hundreds of colony ships of my own civilian shipping lines (and purged their now-empty taskgroups as well) but they still have many hundreds of freighters. And so has the one NPR who's not slaughtered yet. Is this just too many units for the game to handle well? I think I've had games with at least this many ships, if not more, and didn't notice this window to take ages to open before. But I could be wrong.

Offline amram

• Lieutenant
  • a
« Reply #838 on: August 18, 2018, 01:17:04 PM »
After some messing about in the database, amusing myself and exploring things i'd never encountered, I noticed something not quite right.

While designing a ship, a particular pair of items are apparently inseparable.   Selecting either will mount or remove both, simultaneously - getting only the one you chose is not possible.

So I did a little digging through the database to see if I can spot why, and I think I may have the answer.

Under ShipDesignComponents, item 65061 is listed twice, and the two items that hold that number are the inseparable pair in ship design.

Cross checking against TechSystem, noting the numbers they have there, and applying item # 26420 to one of the pair to match TechSystem seems to have corrected this.

A quick cross check of the stock database confirms the erroneous ID exists in the stock 7. 1 database.

I know 7. 1 is pretty much toast with c# really not all that far away now, but depending on how directly the data is carried across there is some risk this survived the transition unnoticed.

The following users thanked this post: Kurt

Offline superstrijder15

• s
« Reply #839 on: August 31, 2018, 06:12:23 AM »
Got these errors when I opened the Class Design via the system view in a new save.
Error in PopulateHullDescriptions:
Error 94 was generated by Aurora
Invalid use of Null
Please report to <long link>

Error in PopulateHullDescriptions:
Error 381 was generated by Aurora
Invalid property array index
Plz report

After clicking through the screen opens normally, but this seems to always happen.

EDIT: Quote instead of spoiler