Author Topic: New technologies  (Read 3725 times)

Offline ccasper (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
New technologies
« on: May 20, 2010, 10:27:08 AM »
There are two new technologies in the 5.1 version that you have to aquire from the invaders. I'm wondering if anyone had a chace to try them out and what do they do. The plasma topedo sound's to me like a cross between missiles and energy weapons, but i have no idea about the absorbtion shields. I could not find any information on this so i decided to start this thread

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: New technologies
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 12:26:48 PM »
Moved to Spoilers forum.

Offline ccasper (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:57:26 AM »
thanks, i completly forgot about this forum :D

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 04:59:36 PM »
If you want to play around with these techs there is a way to do it.  First start a new game with no npr's and no precursors.  Then use the sm functions to reasearch all techs below 20m reasearch points.  This should be all of the techs in the game normally available.  Then make sure you have lots of ruins in your home system (use sm function on the F9 screen)  As you recover labs there is a chance for a new tech.  Normally this would be a random tech from everything that is available to reasearch, as well as special advanced weapons systems.  As you already have all of the standard tech, it will be one of the new techs.  Once you get the first tech for a system use the reasearch all button for 20m again so you won't get the next tech in that field when you get another tech from a ruins lab being recovered.  It will proabably take 20-30 years to get all of the techs you are going to need, but if you set up your game right there should not be any interrupts aside from what you recover and the game will go pretty quick.

When you are ready to actually use the new tech you can either go in and take the higher levels away, or just build lower tech systems and then create a npr in a neighboring system to fight with and see what works.

Brian

Offline jocan2003

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 12:59:35 AM »
Also once you kicked enough invader and get their technology from wreckage ( torpedo launcher ) or simply by boarding you will be granted access to the new line.

As for the shield tech only way you acn get them without cheating is boarding they tend to be a really juicy target once armor is breached and it make one hell of an explosion ( i saw a abso shield going boom for 353 strengh totally anihilating the ship )

Myself im more a pirate so i always have a lot of marines and assault shuttle, but i have yet to get lucky enough to leave the shield alone or else boom.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
What is the base tech for torpedo launchers?  I have recovered bags of trop launchers and got a lot of tech info; however, no research topic available, I am assuming that I have not recovered the correct tech line.
Welchbloke

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 02:52:46 PM »
Quote from: "welchbloke"
What is the base tech for torpedo launchers?  I have recovered bags of trop launchers and got a lot of tech info; however, no research topic available, I am assuming that I have not recovered the correct tech line.

Plasma Torpedo Integrity and Plasma Torpedo Warhead under Energy Weapons and Plasma Torpedo Recharge and Plasma Torpedo Speed under Power and Propulsion
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"

Plasma Torpedo Integrity and Plasma Torpedo Warhead under Energy Weapons and Plasma Torpedo Recharge and Plasma Torpedo Speed under Power and Propulsion
Thanks Charlie, I have recovered tech in all four areas but it appears that I have not recovered tech I can research  :(
Welchbloke

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 03:48:54 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"

Thanks Charlie, I have recovered tech in all four areas but it appears that I have not recovered tech I can research  :(

I think the base level for all 4 are tagged as "ruins".  Until you've scanned/recovered enough points to complete the research they are blocked.  The follow on tech levels are not as restricted.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 05:05:30 AM »
Ah, that would explain it.  Thanks Charlie.
Welchbloke