Author Topic: Swarm and Invader activation  (Read 2579 times)

Offline GeaXle (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
Swarm and Invader activation
« on: July 01, 2012, 08:15:43 AM »
Hello,

I am currently preparing a new campaign and I was wondering, if I turn off Star Swarm and Invaders at the start, is it possible to turn it on later on?

I love killing bugs but they usually just forbid the path until I am advance enough to wipe them out. At wich point there's just to many of them around, slowing the game like hell fighting with precursors and NPRs. So I'd like to activate them when I need to add some fun, as in the middle of a huge intergalactical war with an NPR for exemple :)

Many thanks,
Gea

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Swarm and Invader activation
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2012, 11:56:24 AM »
Hello,

I am currently preparing a new campaign and I was wondering, if I turn off Star Swarm and Invaders at the start, is it possible to turn it on later on?

I love killing bugs but they usually just forbid the path until I am advance enough to wipe them out. At wich point there's just to many of them around, slowing the game like hell fighting with precursors and NPRs. So I'd like to activate them when I need to add some fun, as in the middle of a huge intergalactical war with an NPR for exemple :)

Many thanks,
Gea

Yes, you can turn them on/off as often as you like - the same with Precursors. Precursors, Swarm and Invaders are created when a system is generated, depending on the current status of their individual on/off toggles.

Turning them off mid-game does not remove existing units though.

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:17:02 PM »
Yes, you can turn them on/off as often as you like - the same with Precursors. Precursors, Swarm and Invaders are created when a system is generated, depending on the current status of their individual on/off toggles.

Turning them off mid-game does not remove existing units though.

Steve

If you turn them off mid-game does it stop the existing Swarms from multiplying and stop existing wormholes from spewing forth destruction?

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2012, 05:32:07 PM »
If you turn them off mid-game does it stop the existing Swarms from multiplying and stop existing wormholes from spewing forth destruction?

It doesn't stop existing swarms multiplying but it does stop new invaders arriving through existing wormholes.

Steve