Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18339 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« on: April 28, 2020, 12:15:37 PM »
Please post bugs in this thread for v1.9.0

Please check the Known Issues post before posting so see if the problem has already been identified or is working as intended.
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

'Me too' posts for unresolved bugs are fine as it shows they are affecting more than one person. Any extra information you can provide in 'me too' posts is very welcome.

Please do not post bugs from previous versions unless you confirm they are still present in v1.9.0

When you post, please post as much information as possible, including:
  • The function number
  • The complete error text
  • The window affected
  • What you were doing at the time
  • Conventional or TN start
  • Random or Real Stars
  • Is your decimal separator a comma?
  • Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?
  • If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 12:19:12 PM by Steve Walmsley »

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage

Offline Kelewan

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 12:36:59 PM »
Quote from: Kelewan
Version 1.8.0
Moving Research Facilities to another Planet, I discovered that you can end with negative number of "Research Facilities Available" (may be WAI)

Furthermore you can now press "Add RL" Button to add more "not existing Labs" to your projects and pushing the number ob available Labs further in the negatives

Tested with the Default game in 1.9.0. still there

Offline Argoniur

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2020, 12:37:32 PM »
I saw it reported on the 1. 8 thread and just confirmed it is still happening, the research wealth cost is tied to it's speed so if you play with something like 20% research speed wealth becomes trivial to manage and you can add as many research facilities as you want without it having any economic impact, my guess this is not working as intended

Tested in both the default game and a new game

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2020, 12:46:39 PM »
A couple I reported in 1.8 retested in 1.9

Fleets don't remember sub-fleet structure when joining other fleets.

Reproduce:
 - Have a fleet with at least two levels of sub-fleets. IE: "Armada" -> "Intel" -> "Scouts"
- Detach "Intel". You should now have a Fleet called "Intel" with a Sub-Fleet "Scouts". So far so good.
- Tell the fleet "Intel" to join fleet "Armada" as a sub-fleet.
- You now end up with all ships in "Intel" and "Scouts" in the same sub-fleet called "Intel" under "Armada".
- Expected result would be to end back at same fleet structure as we started with.

This makes it so you can't really organize your ships into fleet hierarchies, since as soon as you detach one of the parts to go do something, you lose the structure.

-----------------------

Maybe not so clear a bug, but I still don't think it should work this way:

Ships don't keep fleet names when splitting into single ships.

This might just be something functioning differently in C# then VB6, but in VB6 if you had a fleet and you ordered it to split into single ships, each ship got their own fleets named "original fleet name" #1, "original fleet name" 2, "original fleet name" 3 etc. In C# they get names based on the ship name.

The old way really helped in see at a glance where these ships belonged, and when putting the original feet together again.
And since different ships in a class have potentially very different names. I don't recognize what type of ship it is by name, but by what task I've given it or fleet/sub-fleet it's part of.
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: Conscript Gary, bro918

Offline Latrone

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2020, 12:48:06 PM »
Hey Steve,

First of all thanks for all the great work and the speed on the updates.   
I think that either the maths or the display was changed for the max pop on a planet.   
It now says that the earth supports a max.    pop of 1.   200.   000.   m people, I think it used to be lower, by quite a bit, but I might be mistaken.   
It's easily reproducable just start a new game.   

Version is 1.   9.   0
Random and Real stars
TN start
Decimal separator is a ,

p. s.
Other people seem to not be having the issue, it's not pop density I checked that, maybe it's a db one
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 12:58:18 PM by Latrone »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2020, 12:58:43 PM »
Hey Steve,

I think that either the maths or the display was changed for the max pop on a planet.   
It now says that the earth supports a max.    pop of 1.   200.   000.   m people, I think it used to be lower, by quite a bit, but I might be mistaken.   

Version is 1.   9.   0
Random and Real stars
TN start
Decimal separator is a ,

p. s.
Other people seem to not be having the issue, it's not pop density I checked that, maybe it's a db one

You need to change your decimal separator to a .

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2020, 01:01:30 PM »
Hey Steve,

Version is 1.   9.   0
Random and Real stars
TN start
Decimal separator is a ,

p. s.

Idk if this is already done but you need to make it so ',' people are warned when they start up their game otherwise your going to keep getting repeat reports like these.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 01:07:19 PM »

Idk if this is already done but you need to make it so ',' people are warned when they start up their game otherwise your going to keep getting repeat reports like these.

Yes agree. It does state this in the Known Issues post that I ask people to read before posting bugs, but I think a popup on game start is probably best.

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »
I'm confused. I thought the separator had to be a comma, and not a period?

Nevermind. I confused the decimal separator with the thousands separator.

Offline Latrone

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 01:10:10 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11135. msg128878#msg128878 date=1588097239
Quote from: Droll link=topic=11135. msg128877#msg128877 date=1588096890
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11135. msg128875#msg128875 date=1588096723

Yes agree.  It does state this in the Known Issues post that I ask people to read before posting bugs, but I think a popup on game start is probably best.

Sorry I haven't had this issue before so I didn't think anything was wrong, sorry for the wasting of time.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2020, 01:13:05 PM »
Sorry I haven't had this issue before so I didn't think anything was wrong, sorry for the wasting of time.

No problem - there is probably something changed in the code that is highlighting an issue that wasn't noticeable before.

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2020, 01:14:37 PM »
I spotted a data entry error in DIM_Medalcondition
Row 8 -  Destroy 10 hostile Missiles - amountrequired = 1

This has been around for since the start, I'd guess.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2020, 01:25:25 PM »
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1.8, tested now in 1.9

Link to the 1.8 post (I hope) http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10990.msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1.9. Got a few more loops this time around.  4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1.8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f... off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1.8, didn't make the cut to post it. Same result as above. 4 - 5 loops. Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:44:42 PM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

The following users thanked this post: Ancalagon, Friday

Online skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2020, 01:28:52 PM »
Orbital Mining Module still costs 60Dur + 60Cor.
I believe you mentioned your intent to change that to 120Cor.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2020, 01:29:54 PM »
Two bugs in 1.9

First of all, Civilian colony ships are not transporting colonists to my colonies at all. They have enough infrastructure to support more people. I do not have any civ cargo ships yet to see if they work.

it seems to work on my second game but I did a complete fresh install. Hopefully that was related to the second one too.

Then I got these errors:

normal start. Normal stars. 9 years in.

I am getting these 4 errors repeated while I was passing time and they are not going away and time is not passing. It might of been caused by me pressing the events window while time was progressing. None of my ships were set to explore new jump points or anything so I don't think its that.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 05:12:09 PM by DFNewb »

The following users thanked this post: shanedday, stabliser