Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18513 times)

Offline Zhatelier

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 01:31:51 PM »
I did a quick and dirty test to see if the trade between two nations is working.
Would appear that that's still a no. Using '.' as the decimal separator etc.
I made an extra player race on Mars, gave them a colony on Mercury to start the trade. About 10 years in and not a single freighter has traded with the other player despite ample surplus and demand respectively. Plenty go to Mercury whenever enough trade goods (mostly infrastructure) are available, but about half of the freighters simply wait at Mars.

I also still ran into the bug where one race establishes communications and locks the other one from establishing it on their side. Once one succeeds, the other gets "Unable to establish communications since [race] refuses to share information." (not a direct quote, but the idea is the same). Essentially communications aren't opened simultaneously, which is fine, but since you can only open them while both are attempting, slower of the races will be locked forever from communicating. Perhaps adding a condition where you can establish communication if both are attempting or the counterpart has already established communications would fix it.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 01:38:03 PM »
Originally seen in 1.4. Still locks the game.

Might just be "don't do that, stupid" thing, but this completely locks the game.

1. Created 2 Admin Command under a third one
2. Moved one of the new ones in under the other.
3. Realized you've arranged them in the wrong order, so move the upper one in under the lower one with drag and drop.
4. Profit

Edit: adding this here as it's a small thing, but keeps bugging me  :)

The Naval Org. window doesn't remember that I've unchecked "Show Civilian".
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 01:42:32 PM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2020, 01:39:35 PM »
Regarding the decimal separator issue -

I posted something like this in a previous bug report post but I want to repost it -

My System is Win10, 1909 german, decimal separator is a comma - and everything Looks perfectly ok, see sceenshot in regards to the wrong Population number Display at the start of the report thread.

I still wonder if the separator issue is linked to something else.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2020, 01:43:16 PM »
Regarding the decimal separator issue -

I posted something like this in a previous bug report post but I want to repost it -

My System is Win10, 1909 german, decimal separator is a comma - and everything Looks perfectly ok, see sceenshot in regards to the wrong Population number Display at the start of the report thread.

I still wonder if the separator issue is linked to something else.

Things may look OK but Aurora assumes you will use a period as decimal separator. Please don't report bugs if you continue to use a comma, because I may be hunting for bugs that don't exist.

Offline frobnik

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • f
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2020, 01:51:41 PM »
At game creation, autoassigning RP researches Gravitational Survey Sensors but not Jump Point Theory.
Missing dependancy?

Offline DoctorDanny

• D
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2020, 02:11:20 PM »
Starting a new game. 80.000 instant research points.
I get only 80 in game.

Probably something to do with the decimal separator, but I don;t think this happened in previous versions.

edit: changed starting instant research points on startup of a new game to 80,000 instead of 80.000 and that worked.
edit2: maintenance points has same issues. Fuel is ok though (12.000.000).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:25:48 PM by DoctorDanny »

Offline DoctorDanny

• D
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2020, 02:16:34 PM »
Deleted a saved game at the new-game screen.
Drop down menu showed all other games as 'h0'.
They did appead to load like normal though.

update: happens when you have two games in the list with the same name (ie 2x New Game) and then delete one of them. All other games get named 'h0', untill the other 'New Game' is deleted.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:18:25 PM by DoctorDanny »

Offline DoctorDanny

• D
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »
OK, got another one...

Research finishes allmost instantly.

Also related to the decimal separator.
I have 1000x the annual RP than I should have.

Offline RagnarVaren

• Chief Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2020, 02:48:47 PM »
OK, got another one...

I get only 80 in game.

Probably something to do with the decimal separator, but I don;t think this happened in previous versions.

edit: changed starting instant research points on startup of a new game to 80,000 instead of 80.000 and that worked.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

The following users thanked this post: Resand

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2020, 02:53:50 PM »
Hi Steve, long post incoming about bugs I originally found in my long 1. 6. 3.  game and have now reproduced in a fresh install of 1. 9. 0.
For all of these bugs I had the decimal separator set to a '. ' and I also don't use any mods.  These are mostly UI bugs and display errors so I could easily reproduce them in the default game that the game ships with. 

UI Bugs:
  • When having no Ground forces (i. e.  conventional start, or the default game), clicking on the "sorting" buttons in the bottom right of the Ground forces screen (order of battle tab) (i. e.  "Cost", "size", "units") throws a "#1835 object reference not set to an instance of object" error.  This was already reported by me in 1. 6. 3.  and fixed, but I have the same Issue in a fresh 1. 9. 0 install (I checked the version number in the misc tab. )
  • In the ground forces screen: tick "show elements" then select a formation element (e. g.  190x Infantryman) from a formation (e. g.  Battalion) and the "delete Formation" button.  You get a "#1880 unable to cast type av to type f4" error.  Suggested behaviour: delete the selected formation element (i. e.  190x Infantry).  Off-Topic: I would also love some utility like splitting a formation element into 2 to redistribute them to other formations who took losses, but that is probably a feature request and not a bug report.
  • In the officers window: when searching for new commanders, when selecting "civilian administrators", the minimum and maximum rank drop down menus don't work even though Civ.  Admins have ranks.  Separate Issue: When selecting scientists they also don't work, but can be clicked, showing an empty list.  The drop down menus should probably just be greyed out when selecting scientists.

Display Bugs:
These seem very minor, but they do somewhat bother me and some might shed light on some inconsistent internal procedures, so I hope you don't mind me reporting them.
  • Inconsistent grouping for Formations.  Take a look at these 2 images of the ground units OOB overview: https://imgur. com/a/rDqNTWd
    (screenshot is from 1. 6. 3 but I reproduced the exact same behaviour in 1. 9. 0)
    When clicking a planet or Star in the ground forces OOB view, formation elements are listed multiple times when they have different morale.  You said this was WAI in the 1. 6. 3.  post, but as you can see it gets very messy with many formation elements.  However, when clicking a formation with some assigned other formations (e. g.  Battalion with assigned inferior companies), Elements are grouped together and morale is averaged (not sure about the averaging).  When clicking a star or planet, the overview should use the same grouping (as with the superior formations), to make it readable with many formation elements.
  • When clicking the Industry button (2nd button in the main view), no new window is created (which I like), but the old window is not refreshed.  To demonstrate, 1: open the Economics window/industry tab.  2: open the ground units tab and design a new Ground unit formation (i. e.  Battalion) 3.  click the industry button in the main view and then the GU construction tab 4: observe your battalion is not in the list of buildable units.  This could possibly be true for other windows as well, but I haven't done excessive testing here.
  • Very minor: When creating a new formation Template in the ground forces window, the pop up window is named "Enter new formation templ. . . " The whole name is not visible.  This could easily be solved by renaming the window to "Enter template name" and the next one to "Enter template abbreviation"
  • There is a display inconsistency with inconsistent rounding when designing Engines.  Example: go into the default game and design an improved nuclear pulse engine, size 60, 0. 4 modifier, 0. 8 fuel efficiency.  This engine shows a cost of 48. 00 while choosing a modifier of 60% shows cost of 108. 0000 in class design summary of component, meaning the number of decimal places changed from 2 to 4.  When you scroll through the different modifiers, the number of decimal places changes seemingly at random, which might just be a floating point error.  All other numbers in the Engine design window have a consistent number of decimal places.  I suggest consistently rounding cost to 2 decimal places because some Engines have XXX. 75 costs.

Offline DoctorDanny

• D
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2020, 02:56:56 PM »
OK, got another one...

I get only 80 in game.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.0

Yes I know, but worked fine in 1.8.0. So should potentially be an easy fix.

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2020, 02:59:51 PM »
Yes I know, but worked fine in 1.8.0. So should potentially be an easy fix.

Steve posted, just one post above your bug reports this:
Quote from: Steve Walmsley
Things may look OK but Aurora assumes you will use a period as decimal separator. Please don't report bugs if you continue to use a comma, because I may be hunting for bugs that don't exist.

Edit:
Off-Topic: I would also love some utility like splitting a formation element into 2 to redistribute them to other formations who took losses, but that is probably a feature request and not a bug report.
Almost certain you can achieve that by drag-and-dropping units from one formation to another.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 03:09:50 PM by AlStar »

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2020, 03:10:55 PM »
Quote from: AlStar link=topic=11135. msg128908#msg128908 date=1588103991
Quote from: Cosinus link=topic=11135. msg128905#msg128905 date=1588103630
Off-Topic: I would also love some utility like splitting a formation element into 2 to redistribute them to other formations who took losses, but that is probably a feature request and not a bug report. 
Almost certain you can achieve that by drag-and-dropping units from one unit to another.
Nope, when I drag for example 190 Infantry from one battalion to another one with 190 infantry it moves all of them and I end up with 380 infantry in the second formation.  My request was for something like an opportunity to only move 10 of them in case the second battalion loses some units.  But regardless this is not really the place for this discussion

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2020, 03:14:03 PM »
Quote from: AlStar link=topic=11135. msg128908#msg128908 date=1588103991
Quote from: Cosinus link=topic=11135. msg128905#msg128905 date=1588103630
Almost certain you can achieve that by drag-and-dropping units from one unit to another.
Nope, when I drag for example 190 Infantry from one battalion to another one with 190 infantry it moves all of them and I end up with 380 infantry in the second formation.  My request was for something like an opportunity to only move 10 of them in case the second battalion loses some units.  But regardless this is not really the place for this discussion

When you check the Amount Popup Box, it asks how many it should transfer. (For example only 100 of your 190 infantry).

The following users thanked this post: Droll, Cosinus

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2020, 04:17:10 PM »
I think i found a bug, new game, conventional i am using 150000 minerals, see picture. No productions running.
And bulding points also seem way off, got 150000 BP and 1500 CI

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 04:21:52 PM by roug »