Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18508 times)

Offline Omnivore

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2020, 08:38:17 PM »
Ver 1.9.0 (but may have been present in earlier versions)
Decimal Separator .
New install

Magazine size for fractional missile sizes is being rounded down.  This prevents you from fully loading your magazine for the standard loadout.

To reproduce: design size 7.5 missile launcher, install in a class design, magazine will show 7 and the ordnance screen will not allow you to load a size 7.5 missile.

If you use a size and quantity of launchers such that it naturally comes to a whole number there is no problem.  For example 8x size 2.5 launchers gives a Magazine of 20 and you can load 20 8 size 2.5 missiles into the standard loadout.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 09:03:07 PM by Omnivore »

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2020, 08:42:37 PM »
1.9.0, clean install, decimal separator.

Create a new game randomly hangs with 100% CPU after confirming race details.

Offline Disguy

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
1.9.0, clean install

This is a bit complicated. I have freighter bring Automines to colony, Cycle Moves checkbox checked. Passes through Lagrange points. Have Refuel if less than 50%. Refuel order triggers. Clears manual orders (assuming intended).

Creates move order to navigate to Earth for refuel. Passes through LG point. Orders are generated as follows (I fixed before i wrote this so verbage is not correct):
USE LG x to Earth
Refuel at Earth.
(Cycle Moves, still checked)

What occurs is Freighter moves to LG x and then refuels at Earth, then moves to LG x and then refuels at Earth.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline bro918

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2020, 09:10:27 PM »
Hey there Steve.  Really enjoying 1. 9 so far! Those QoL changes really make a difference.  Thanks for all these updates.   :)

Default settings, 750M pop, 1 NPR, no mods.  I have NOT expanded out of Sol yet.  My guess is maybe an NPR caused this?

So I ran a 30 day increment on one of my fresh 1. 9 campaigns and got an error popup.  Details below.

The function number: Function #2662
The complete error text: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
The window affected: Popup occurred on the tactical map.  No other window was open except the Econ window.
What you were doing at the time: I was assigning extra labs to a project that just finished, and ran a 30 day increment.  Nothing else of note really.
Conventional or TN start: TN Start
Random or Real Stars: Real stars
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No, always been a dot.
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: Seems to be very intermittent.  I have seen one other person on the discord report this as well.
Campaign length: Start date 2020.  Popup occurred Feb 5th, 2032, 12PM.

I played for 10 more years but I havent got the error again.  I've attached the DB regardless.  Doesnt seem to be a catastrophic bug but I thought id mention it anyway.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2020, 09:54:20 PM »
1.9.0, clean install

This is a bit complicated. I have freighter bring Automines to colony, Cycle Moves checkbox checked. Passes through Lagrange points. Have Refuel if less than 50%. Refuel order triggers. Clears manual orders (assuming intended).

Creates move order to navigate to Earth for refuel. Passes through LG point. Orders are generated as follows (I fixed before i wrote this so verbage is not correct):
USE LG x to Earth
Refuel at Earth.

What occurs is Freighter moves to LG x and then refuels at Earth, then moves to LG x and then refuels at Earth.

So the bug here is that conditional orders do not cancel order cycling when they definitely should - making the fleet get stuck in a new unintended cycle

Offline Disguy

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2020, 09:55:44 PM »
1.9.0, clean install

USE LG x to Earth
Refuel at Earth.

So the bug here is that conditional orders do not cancel order cycling when they definitely should - making the fleet get stuck in a new unintended cycle
Correct

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2020, 10:00:33 PM »
Non-real stars start and I get a bunch of errors, #3232, 1609, 1608, 1562, 1423. I've attached the settings I used. I think it is non-real stars causing the issues as I can start one fine with real stars on.

It was a fresh DB 1.9 install.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2020, 10:03:18 PM »
Non-real stars start and I get a bunch of errors, #3232, 1609, 1608, 1562, 1423. I've attached the settings I used. I think it is non-real stars causing the issues as I can start one fine with real stars on.

I like how your races short name is longer than the full name

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2020, 11:17:48 PM »

I like how your races short name is longer than the full name
Well if was for a test.  :P

Offline Elouda

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2020, 12:25:33 AM »
v1.9.0

Atmospheric dust as a result of bombardment can take the planetary temperature to below absolute zero.

Maybe it would be more correct to use albedo here rather than subtract temperature directly for dust.

The following users thanked this post: db48x, Tunsku

Offline arty

• Leading Rate
  • a
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2020, 01:36:16 AM »
Hi all

i have a funny bug in Industry at start 400 factory 400 000 bp

is this because of comma ?

Offline Lornalt

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2020, 02:00:55 AM »
I posted this in the 1. 8 bug thread, I'm not sure if this is WAI but here goes.

Cannot Assign commanders higher ranked than the assigned rank to fleet command positions

The function number - none
The complete error text -  "Name of Commander" is not the required rank for this assignment
The window affected - Commander Screen
What you were doing at the time - Assigning ranks
Conventional or TN start - TN start
Random or Real Stars - Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma? - decimal
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? - easy to reproduce
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - Fresh 1. 9 install

From the picture attached you can see that I selected a Rear Admiral to command a fleet command that has a rank of CDRE (commodore) and it would not allow me to do so.  You can assign ship captains that are higher ranked to ship command slots I don't see why not the fleet command rank slots.

Offline redivider

• Leading Rate
  • r
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2020, 02:02:05 AM »
Could mods start deleting "Hey I have this bug.  .  .   I cant read so my seperator is a comma.  " posts? Its wasting everybodies time and is counter productive. 

The following users thanked this post: Yonder, papent

Offline Hastermain

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2020, 02:12:11 AM »
The function number: terribly sorry, I skipped them out of habit, but there were ~4 different ones. When saving the game, however, this error showed up:

the same function appeared during the time increment, i'm sure of it

The complete error text:
(1497): object reference not set to an instance of an object

Happened on initial contact with aliens, survey vessel with EM/Thermal sensors on discovered a new alien race and got attacked. Error that showed up on events: "New None Population contact: error"

The window affected: time increment
What you were doing at the time: time increment
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: period, and thousand separator is a comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: one-off
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 9 years long

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2020, 02:15:15 AM »
Hi all

i have a funny bug in Industry at start 400 factory 400 000 bp

is this because of comma ?
Yes. You should have 4000 BP. The last 2 zeroes are decimals because of issues with how your decimal separator is
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "