Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18514 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2020, 08:51:14 AM »
At game creation, autoassigning RP researches Gravitational Survey Sensors but not Jump Point Theory.
Missing dependancy?

That is odd - it should be researching according to the DB setup.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2020, 08:51:23 AM »
Orbital Mining Module still costs 60Dur + 60Cor.
I believe you mentioned your intent to change that to 120Cor.

It is changed in the db I sent out for v1.9.0. Are you using an earlier database?

Oops, yes, I had opened the wrong version.
My apologies.

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2020, 08:52:47 AM »
Not sure if its suppose to be like this but i made a GEV ships, made them survey Sol system, if i use 1 day "turns! the ship fly from astroide to astroid and do survey, but if i use 30 day "turns" it just stay still on the same spot, i would think its would survey alot of astroids in 30 days, i also see that the date change 30 days..

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2020, 08:54:56 AM »
Starting a new game. 80.000 instant research points.
I get only 80 in game.

Probably something to do with the decimal separator, but I don;t think this happened in previous versions.

edit: changed starting instant research points on startup of a new game to 80,000 instead of 80.000 and that worked.
edit2: maintenance points has same issues. Fuel is ok though (12.000.000).

For v1.9 I am routing all text box input through a single function. That function assumes the decimal separator is a period. I'm now wondering if Aurora is populating those fields using local number format. Does the game populate that field with 80.000 or did you type that in?

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2020, 09:04:25 AM »
At the game creation (new game) it had 80.000 filled in. I didn't edit it.
I just re-tested this starting a new game. My decimal separator is now set to '.' (changed it from ','), but the game still gives me 80 instant research points. The field in game creation says 80.000.

Bug:
I have a fleet of three troop transport that I've ordered to pick up three ground units.
I get the message that the pickup failed because the target ship doesn't have enough capacity.
Turns out that the ships that allready have units loaded are still trying to load the units.
The fleet generates interrupts to auto-turn every time this happens.

Seen the same thing happen with cargo fleets picking up installations.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:10:16 AM by DoctorDanny »

Offline Ironclad Mouse

• Petty Officer
  • I
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2020, 09:07:12 AM »
Quote from: roug link=topic=11135.  msg129088#msg129088 date=1588168367
Not sure if its suppose to be like this but i made a GEV ships, made them survey Sol system, if i use 1 day "turns! the ship fly from astroide to astroid and do survey, but if i use 30 day "turns" it just stay still on the same spot, i would think its would survey alot of astroids in 30 days, i also see that the date change 30 days.  . 
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that's a bug, I think it's just that Aurora won't queue a new order until the other one is completed.   I.  e the survey of the asteroid gets done in the 30 day period but it waits until the end of that 30 day period to queue the next survey order.   Same thing as the 1 day time, it would complete the survey order then wait for the end of the 1 day time period to queue up the next survey order.   So as far as I know that's WAI as that's how it was in VB6 too. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:09:26 AM by Ironclad Mouse »
"Are you a man, or a mouse"
"Squeak"

Offline DoctorDanny

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • D
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2020, 09:14:24 AM »
Minor issue:

1) Trying to transfer troops from my military transports to a space station with troop capacity.
There's no option to transfer troops to a fleet.

Instead I need to park the transports next to the station and have the station transfer troops from stationary ships.

No big deal, but could be prettier if you were able to transfer from the transports to the station.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:17:57 AM by DoctorDanny »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2020, 09:19:20 AM »
  • When having no Ground forces (i. e.  conventional start, or the default game), clicking on the "sorting" buttons in the bottom right of the Ground forces screen (order of battle tab) (i. e.  "Cost", "size", "units") throws a "#1835 object reference not set to an instance of object" error.  This was already reported by me in 1. 6. 3.  and fixed, but I have the same Issue in a fresh 1. 9. 0 install (I checked the version number in the misc tab. )
  • In the ground forces screen: tick "show elements" then select a formation element (e. g.  190x Infantryman) from a formation (e. g.  Battalion) and the "delete Formation" button.  You get a "#1880 unable to cast type av to type f4" error.  Suggested behaviour: delete the selected formation element (i. e.  190x Infantry).  Off-Topic: I would also love some utility like splitting a formation element into 2 to redistribute them to other formations who took losses, but that is probably a feature request and not a bug report.
  • In the officers window: when searching for new commanders, when selecting "civilian administrators", the minimum and maximum rank drop down menus don't work even though Civ.  Admins have ranks.  Separate Issue: When selecting scientists they also don't work, but can be clicked, showing an empty list.  The drop down menus should probably just be greyed out when selecting scientists.

Fixed the first one.

Delete Formation bug fixed. You can already split elements as explained in a reply to your post.

Officer window changed as suggested. Admins now have ranks from 1 to 8.

The following users thanked this post: Licarious

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2020, 09:24:23 AM »
Ouh ofc!!! i am just stupid, i see it now, fuel is filling up! Same as maintenance!

But there are something wrong with the BP and reasearch points i got 250000 point searching on stuff

Are you using comma as decimal separator?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2020, 09:24:47 AM »
I know that this was brought up before, but I am really not sure that Earth Mineral Deposit setting is working. I set it to 1000 and I have 2 deposits with only 50000 minerals, then I tried 10000000 and again I had 1 deposit of 50000 and two deposits of 60000 minerals with below 0.5 availability. That seems low for something that was set much higher than normal setting.

Steve, could you please tell us a bit more about this particular setting?

Are you using a comma as a decimal separator?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2020, 09:26:01 AM »
Not really a bug report, more of a question - I'm trying to migrate my DB to 1.9 (which for the most part is pretty straightforward), but one thing I wanted to double check was the apparent removal of the "Resupply at Supply Hub" and "Resupply at Colony or Supply Hub" standing orders. I didn't see anything in the bug reports forum with a few searches, so wanted to see if this removal was intentional or whether something odd happened with my DB or the 1.9 version.

There is no such thing as a Supply Hub :)

So I removed them.

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2020, 09:30:53 AM »
Not sure if bug or WAI - I was setting up a game last night to mimic a monarchy and I got the idea to rename administrator ranks to titles and found out that you can't rename administrator ranks.  Has this always been the case?  It makes sense that you can't rename scientists and not sure why you would but the administrator I've never touched before.

Offline roug

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • r
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2020, 09:38:45 AM »
Ouh ofc!!! i am just stupid, i see it now, fuel is filling up! Same as maintenance!

But there are something wrong with the BP and reasearch points i got 250000 point searching on stuff

Are you using comma as decimal separator?

Its working now, i have never had problem with comma and decimal before now, but i just changed it and it worked.

Offline Harold65

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2020, 09:39:02 AM »
I'm running v1. 9, TN start, not using real systems, rest of settings are standard.   I've noticed that my cargo fleets are unloading all installations to a colony, even if I select the specific installation and set the maximum to 1.   The fleet consists of 4 ships, each capable of holding 50k tons.  (two standard sized installations)

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2020, 09:42:53 AM »
I'm running v1. 9, TN start, not using real systems, rest of settings are standard.   I've noticed that my cargo fleets are unloading all installations to a colony, even if I select the specific installation and set the maximum to 1.   The fleet consists of 4 ships, each capable of holding 50k tons.  (two standard sized installations)

its in the known bug list
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary