Author Topic: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 18507 times)

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: v1.9.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #120 on: April 29, 2020, 12:37:48 PM »
So, its been patch 1. 9 now and i still cant create a single game.  The past releases the problem was big windows and etc, right now the problem is: I literally cannot create a new game.  Nor i can close the window of creating a new race.  I have to force close the whole game and then when i try to open the newly created game, it appears in blank.  And it doesnt matter if i try to create in the solar system or not.  The same problem applies and has been since 1. 8.

Are you completely deleting the folder and reinstalling it?  Deleting the dB file and executable and then adding the patch rather than overwriting? 

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #121 on: April 29, 2020, 12:40:37 PM »
Quote from: Kristover link=topic=11135. msg129174#msg129174 date=1588181868
Quote from: Agraelgrimm link=topic=11135. msg129173#msg129173 date=1588181550
So, its been patch 1.  9 now and i still cant create a single game.   The past releases the problem was big windows and etc, right now the problem is: I literally cannot create a new game.   Nor i can close the window of creating a new race.   I have to force close the whole game and then when i try to open the newly created game, it appears in blank.   And it doesnt matter if i try to create in the solar system or not.   The same problem applies and has been since 1.  8. 

Are you completely deleting the folder and reinstalling it?  Deleting the dB file and executable and then adding the patch rather than overwriting?

I am just overwritting it.  Download the patch, open the file and overwrite the ones in the game folder.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #122 on: April 29, 2020, 12:45:03 PM »
A minor bug that, the windows will no come to front.

If keep tactical in background is enabled and you have 2 windows open, one will always be over the other.

Reproduction:
1. Enable tactical windows
2. Open economy screen
3. Open commanders screen

Now if I press economy, I would expect that to be top most window, but instead commander window will always be over the economy one.

Fixed.

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
« Reply #123 on: April 29, 2020, 12:48:01 PM »
Setting a fire control to open without a target gives the following messages / 5 sec turns:

I think it shouldn't force it into 5 seconds but if that is intended could you please let me know.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #124 on: April 29, 2020, 12:48:23 PM »
Not sure if bug or WAI - I was setting up a game last night to mimic a monarchy and I got the idea to rename administrator ranks to titles and found out that you can't rename administrator ranks.  Has this always been the case?  It makes sense that you can't rename scientists and not sure why you would but the administrator I've never touched before.

Administrator 'ranks' are just their admin bonus. They all have the same rank.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2020, 12:48:59 PM »
I'm running v1. 9, TN start, not using real systems, rest of settings are standard.   I've noticed that my cargo fleets are unloading all installations to a colony, even if I select the specific installation and set the maximum to 1.   The fleet consists of 4 ships, each capable of holding 50k tons.  (two standard sized installations)

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10637.msg120877#msg120877

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2020, 12:52:18 PM »
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1.8, tested now in 1.9

Link to the 1.8 post (I hope) http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10990.msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1.9. Got a few more loops this time around.  4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1.8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f... off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1.8, didn't make the cut to post it. Same result as above. 4 - 5 loops. Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.

You should have about 1 system in 15 connect to an existing system (same as VB6), except when there are less than 10 systems in the game, so with 100 systems you should have about 6 connections to existing systems, which it sounds like you have.

So the "local System generation chance" is how many systems "between" each connections to and known system but fudge by RNG so not exact?
I guess it fits more or less, does feel less connected then before. But can't really be bother to run it enough time to get numbers to prove one way or another :)

How about the max system rule?
I assumed I'd get to 50 systems, then there would be some leeway to account for systems with unexplored JP. But I've doubled the numbers without any signs of slowing down.

Local generation is only for random stars game. When you move over the setting in the game window it says in the help window "This setting does not apply to Known Stars games".

Same for max systems.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »
I noticed this in V1.8 and it is still happening in V1.9.

if you insert a ruin on Mars and leave the game after saving to the database, the ruins are gone after you re-open it.

This may be working as intended but I have not seen any discussion to that effect.

That should be fixed in v1.9. Please can you confirm the version number.

Offline spartacus

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »
Version 1. 9
Conventional start
Real stars
Decimal point (period)

Moved Infrastructure and Terraforming Installations to Luna prior to moving colonists to prepare for their arrival.
Set the Environment tab to start producing O2 so it would get going as soon as people arrived, didn't want to forget to turn them on.
Found that the TI starting producing O2 before there was any people to man them.

May be WAI but I looked through the terraforming post in the mechanics and didn't see anything about them being automated.

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2020, 01:00:33 PM »
JP don't really link back to known stars compared to VB 6

Reported in 1.8, tested now in 1.9

Link to the 1.8 post (I hope) http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=10990.msg128854#msg128854

Did the same thing in 1.9. Got a few more loops this time around.  4 - 5, but doesn't seem correct still.
Count isn't exact as I've haven't bothered with lining the galaxy map up to count, since it seems like same situation as 1.8

Stopped at 100 systems with a lot of JP remaining and a 50 system limit.

Btw: are the system in the Galactic Map supposed to f... off to infinity if you don't manually organize them?
Might be something to do with SM'ing JP exploration, as the the map started of nice and grid like.

I also tried this with real stars in 1.8, didn't make the cut to post it. Same result as above. 4 - 5 loops. Manually stopped at 100 systems with a 50 system limit and plenty of JPs left.

You should have about 1 system in 15 connect to an existing system (same as VB6), except when there are less than 10 systems in the game, so with 100 systems you should have about 6 connections to existing systems, which it sounds like you have.

So the "local System generation chance" is how many systems "between" each connections to and known system but fudge by RNG so not exact?
I guess it fits more or less, does feel less connected then before. But can't really be bother to run it enough time to get numbers to prove one way or another :)

How about the max system rule?
I assumed I'd get to 50 systems, then there would be some leeway to account for systems with unexplored JP. But I've doubled the numbers without any signs of slowing down.

Local generation is only for random stars game. When you move over the setting in the game window it says in the help window "This setting does not apply to Known Stars games".

Same for max systems.

Yes, I meant known systems as in systems I've already discovered. In hindsight I should have used a different phrasing  ;D

Edit: And noticed a terrible little spelling error. It should read: "So the "local System generation chance" is how many systems "between" each connections to an known system(as in a system I've already discovered) but fudge by RNG so not exact?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:05:45 PM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: How to reproduce the error
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2020, 01:12:23 PM »
The function number: terribly sorry, I skipped them out of habit, but there were ~4 different ones. When saving the game, however, this error showed up:

the same function appeared during the time increment, i'm sure of it

The complete error text:
(1497): object reference not set to an instance of an object

Happened on initial contact with aliens, survey vessel with EM/Thermal sensors on discovered a new alien race and got attacked. Error that showed up on events: "New None Population contact: error"

The window affected: time increment
What you were doing at the time: time increment
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: period, and thousand separator is a comma
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: one-off
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 9 years long

Hey Steve, figured out how to reproduce the error. Just send any ship to Herschel 5173-A I. The 4 error windows (of function numbers 1957 1954 1943 478) will appear infinite times, and I believe it's tied to the ship being attacked by whatever it is.

P.S. got all spoilers turned on + no maintenance, may be tied to no maintenance since you changed the code?

They are all related to creation of intelligence information.

Unfortunately, I'm having problems today downloading databases - haven't managed to get a single one to work. I don't know if it is my internet or a problem with the forum. I hope it will sort itself soon.

Offline Harold65

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2020, 01:19:52 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11135. msg129180#msg129180 date=1588182539
Quote from: Harold65 link=topic=11135. msg129103#msg129103 date=1588171142
I'm running v1.  9, TN start, not using real systems, rest of settings are standard.    I've noticed that my cargo fleets are unloading all installations to a colony, even if I select the specific installation and set the maximum to 1.    The fleet consists of 4 ships, each capable of holding 50k tons.   (two standard sized installations)

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=10637. msg120877#msg120877

My freighters do have cargo shuttles.   They're just shuttling everything, even if I tell them not to

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2020, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Steve Walmsley link=topic=11135. msg129180#msg129180 date=1588182539
Quote from: Harold65 link=topic=11135. msg129103#msg129103 date=1588171142
I'm running v1.  9, TN start, not using real systems, rest of settings are standard.    I've noticed that my cargo fleets are unloading all installations to a colony, even if I select the specific installation and set the maximum to 1.    The fleet consists of 4 ships, each capable of holding 50k tons.   (two standard sized installations)

hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=10637. msg120877#msg120877

My freighters do have cargo shuttles.   They're just shuttling everything, even if I tell them not to

I think he is saying that it is a known issue.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:29:58 PM by Eretzu »

Offline Omnivore

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2020, 01:27:10 PM »
Ver 1.9.0, period, new install, early game when discovered.

I deployed a thermal buoy using launch ready ordnance, the buoy has strength 1.07 sensor.  Despite zooming in many mouse wheels of zoom, no passive detection ring shows up (not even with Passive vs Signature 10,000).  The View Technology window shows the expected information for the buoy.  However, on tactical, above the buoy is a label "Active: 0m R100".  I did design some active buoys prior to designing the thermal buoy but the thermal buoy in question definitely does not have an active sensor.

Thanks,

PS: TN start, real stars (sorry forgot that above)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 01:31:14 PM by Omnivore »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2020, 01:27:14 PM »
Version 1. 9
Conventional start
Real stars
Decimal point (period)

Moved Infrastructure and Terraforming Installations to Luna prior to moving colonists to prepare for their arrival.
Set the Environment tab to start producing O2 so it would get going as soon as people arrived, didn't want to forget to turn them on.
Found that the TI starting producing O2 before there was any people to man them.

May be WAI but I looked through the terraforming post in the mechanics and didn't see anything about them being automated.

Manufacturing efficiency was being set to 100% for colonies with zero population. Fixed.

The following users thanked this post: spartacus