Author Topic: Assigning a FAC to a PDC (or something with 1000 hangar)  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Beersatron (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Assigning a FAC to a PDC (or something with 1000 hangar)
« on: November 08, 2009, 01:18:30 AM »
I don't normally build FACs but I decided to add a 1000 capacity hangar to my PDCs so I could assign a single FSC (Fast Scout Craft - no weapons, just enough range to intercept a contact and scan it before it gets near the colony).

Thing is, I can not find anyway of 'docking' the FAC inside the PDC - am I missing something? I can work with fighters fine!

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
Re: Assigning a FAC to a PDC (or something with 1000 hangar)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 05:08:42 AM »
hi
try that:

on Solar System MAp.8th from LEFT,icon are SHIPS,individual ships detail WINDOWS opened..on top RIGHT are a "MOTHERSHIPS ASSIGNED,check that if u FIND ur PDC's name..then ASSIGN'IT.

then on TASK GROUP windows are "retrieve Parassite" buttn on bottom..try that...next click "SET" button on top left and SHOW if ur Scout r joined on Task group:)

hope r right procedure.
See ya

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 08:44:18 AM »
As Waresky stated,  F6 Ships screen is the only way.  FAC/Gunships functionally are just parasite ships within Aurora and currently don't have a flotilla/squadron assignment capability.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Beersatron (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 02:57:22 PM »
Thanks folks, got it to work - and then realized that I was using v4.5 instead of the latest v4.6 and was forced to Face-Palm myself  :oops: