Author Topic: Aurora C# Screenshots  (Read 143847 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Aurora C# Screenshots
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2018, 10:16:35 AM »
Sounds cool. Just a small reminder that some suggestions & discussions about AI/NPR were made in the VB6 suggestion forum before a new suggestion thread in this forum was opened:
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=9550.0

Thanks, will take a look.

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #526 on: May 26, 2018, 08:15:53 AM »
@Steve Walmsley  have you tried or even played MANO (Modern Air Naval Operations) to see how they deal with the display of unit names and vectors? It can be very rapidly a mess, display wise and I think they did a few things right to de-obfuscate/unscramble display. I'm basing my observations on some screenshots, I did not play the game. But for example at a certain zoom level, individuals ships are replaced by a TF icon, and you can tooltip it. Will Aurora C# supports tooltip on the main map?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 08:17:58 AM by vorpal+5 »

Offline Cavgunner

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #527 on: March 31, 2019, 10:06:57 PM »
Hi Steve, this is looking great!  Very excited about everything here, particularly the naval org rework.

Small question, is there any possibility that in the future, colonies might possess unique environmental traits, particularly on those worlds that are potentially habitable (or have been terraformed)?  For example a warm ocean world might be home to native Sea-dwelling Megafauna, enhancing Luxury Food output.  Meanwhile, a newly-terraformed Mars might suffer from severe storms due to rapid climate change, slowing production capacity by a certain percentage.  Other worlds might be the home of semi-sentient beasts, viral outbreaks, aggressively hostile alien ecosystems, etc.

Just a thought.

The following users thanked this post: Black, Up_down66

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #528 on: April 01, 2019, 01:47:42 AM »
@Steve Walmsley  have you tried or even played MANO (Modern Air Naval Operations) to see how they deal with the display of unit names and vectors? It can be very rapidly a mess, display wise and I think they did a few things right to de-obfuscate/unscramble display. I'm basing my observations on some screenshots, I did not play the game. But for example at a certain zoom level, individuals ships are replaced by a TF icon, and you can tooltip it. Will Aurora C# supports tooltip on the main map?
This would be a good idea, you might want to be able to select a display icon for each task group, with that and 3 or 4 letter abbreviation either selectable or based on the makup of the taskgroup displayed instead of the full name.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline vorpal+5

• Captain
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #529 on: May 26, 2019, 04:19:32 PM »
Perhaps when the rest is done? But that would be useful that's sure...