Author Topic: Space stations  (Read 617 times)

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
Space stations
« on: December 03, 2023, 08:04:11 AM »
Guys I do not understand, can I add sensors and weapons to space stations? From the past changelog example from Steve, it seems he had added sensors, Ciws and missile to space station, but in my current game I cannot even add an active sensor.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Space stations
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 08:29:37 AM »
Size-1 active sensor can be put on a space station, as can CIWS. Missiles can be put into a military "ship" that is nothing but MFC and box launcher and then carried in a commercial hangar that is part of a space station.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 09:08:05 AM »
Size-1 active sensor can be put on a space station, as can CIWS.

Also size-1 passive sensors. I've had good results from making small commercial scouts/monitors that can use size-1 sensors to sit on a JP or other important place and monitor space indefinitely.

Missiles can be put into a military "ship" that is nothing but MFC and box launcher and then carried in a commercial hangar that is part of a space station.

Note that commercial hangars will not maintain a military ship by themselves, so you probably also need a maintenance module in the design. And some MSP of course.

Offline Kaiser (OP)

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 09:10:38 AM »
Clear, so first you make a space station with enough maintenance modules to keep a military base that eventually you tug into the space station.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 07:46:11 PM »
Yes, and remember that there is nothing that prevents you from RP'ing that a "fleet" of space stations is actually one big station. That way you can build modular space stations with both commercial and military elements to them.

The following users thanked this post: Kaiser