Author Topic: Stumped on install  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Five

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • F
Re: Stumped on install
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
I got this from the bay12 forums for smaller screen size so it may work for your older computer.

How to run Aurora in a playable state on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Download and run ResizeEnable.

looks like the link for resizeenable didn't come through so here it is http://www.digitallis.co.uk/pc/downloads.html

Hope that works

-Five

Offline SFTAB (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 08:06:42 AM »
Five
Great suggestion. . . some improvement, but not much.   The windows do allow the icon to change to "drag" but alas I couldn't stretch the windows.

I can mess around alittle and I can tell I'll like the game.   The "create" new ship design is obviously just out of view.    I did manage to create a Geo Survey team on Earth. . . they did a great job finding more minerals. . . however they are now done and I have no ships to move them.   :(

My wife walked by me as I was "cussing" at the old computer.   She asked why I wasn't playing the game on my expensive multi-screen gaming rig.    I gave her the "Please don't make me explain my stupidity" look.  ???
Sky Lord

Offline SFTAB (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2012, 07:30:43 PM »
B O O M!   Figured it out.   

Would be the last step - #8

Did this:  Edit the Setup. lst file.   Look in the Setup1 Files or Files section for files to be copied to either $(WinSysPath) or $(WinSysPathSysFile).  For example, Msvcrt. dll and Mfc42. dll.  You can copy these lines to the end of the Bootstrap or Bootstrap Files section.  You must renumber these lines so that the File numbers are sequential, for example "File1=. . . ", File2=. . . " and so on.  If these lines are removed from their original section, the remaining lines must be renumbered to maintain a sequential list.
Sky Lord

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2012, 08:55:56 PM »
B O O M!   Figured it out.   

Would be the last step - #8

Did this:  Edit the Setup. lst file.   Look in the Setup1 Files or Files section for files to be copied to either $(WinSysPath) or $(WinSysPathSysFile).  For example, Msvcrt. dll and Mfc42. dll.  You can copy these lines to the end of the Bootstrap or Bootstrap Files section.  You must renumber these lines so that the File numbers are sequential, for example "File1=. . . ", File2=. . . " and so on.  If these lines are removed from their original section, the remaining lines must be renumbered to maintain a sequential list.

Good deal. Now you can take over the universe :)