Author Topic: trade goods  (Read 1953 times)

Offline demonblackie (OP)

• Leading Rate
trade goods
« on: January 05, 2016, 04:22:53 AM »
So, this was asked a few years ago and was never answered, and that would have been an old version anyways, so I'm going to ask it again.    According to the wiki, basic trade goods (besides infrastructure) should begin appearing on your colonies at 1 million population.    However, I have a planet at near a million and a half, and nothing's changed.    Was it changed at some point or is there some other factor that drives the creation, such as presence of minerals?

Edit: I'm using version 7. 0.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:30:59 AM by demonblackie »

Offline Haji

• Captain
Re: trade goods
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 05:02:53 AM »
I thought it was five million, but that's from observation, not any code-related data. Also please note that the trade goods are very randomized and for small colonies there will be very few of them, so there may be a chance of them appearing at one million people, but simply a very small one. A colony of ten million will have trade goods for sure, although not necessarily in large amounts.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 05:08:48 AM »
Its 3 million, according to the table on this page:
http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Trade_System

@demonblackie, can you point me to the page you found?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 05:11:58 AM »
I don't think you're getting enough praise for the effort being out into the wiki right now Mor.
On behalf of new players and for myself too as I forget  this stuff easily, thank you.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 05:27:02 AM »
To be honest, most of the stuff on the wiki (including the page I linked above) has been complied by the community a long time ago (I mostly make minor updates and organize things)

Offline demonblackie (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 07:30:34 AM »
Quote from: Mor link=topic=8184. msg84484#msg84484 date=1451992128
Its 3 million, according to the table on this page:
hxxp: aurorawiki. pentarch. org/index. php?title=Trade_System

@demonblackie, can you point me to the page you found?

It said 1 million until you changed it earlier today.   So, I guess I'll point you to the page that you changed, and then asked me where I got my information.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 07:32:51 AM »
Kind of funny.
I vaguely recall reading several values here, I propose somebody run a test. Give me 5 minutes.
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 07:48:55 AM »
It said 1 million until you changed it earlier today.   So, I guess I'll point you to the page that you changed, and then asked me where I got my information.
I am sneaky that way ;)  Sorry if it confused you, I didn't notice the mention until I updated the table in that section, and there is almost and identical page for an older page. So it was best to make sure.

I also I can confirm that in my 7.00 game, 1.5+ million colonies don't have anything but infrastructure. 

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 07:59:56 AM »
From just testing in 7.1, colonies start making infrastructure at 11 thousand population but only .216 a year, they produce 1 per year at 500 thousand population, trade goods start being produced at 3 million population, and all trade goods are produced at 20 million population.