Author Topic: Installation tip for non-english OS users  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Zook (OP)

• Commander
Installation tip for non-english OS users
« on: August 02, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
If you live in a country where the decimal separator is a comma, please change your regional settings to either UK or US (where the decimal separator is a period) when playing Aurora.  If you don't change this, you will get a LOT of errors.

Before installing, I set my regional settings to "English" - at least that's what I thought.  Actually, I changed only the "keyboard layout", because that's what the little button on the right in the taskbar (win XP) does.  It does not change the decimal seperator Windows uses (dot or comma); to do that, go to "regional settings" in system controls.

If you encounter an error message that begins with something like "Syntax error (comma) yada yada yada", it's probably because of that.  It's not a bug and AFAIK there's probably nothing Steve could do about it, it's your decimal seperator settings.

Offline Person012345

• Captain
Re: Installation tip for non-english OS users
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 11:45:52 AM »
On windows 7 it should be under Control Panel > Clock Language & Region > Region and Language, then change the "format" to English (United Kingdom). There's also a button "additional settings" which should show what the decimal separator and such is. If it's still not working you could try changing the system locale (under the "administrative" tab) but I don't think that does anything (I've played aurora whilst I've had the system locale set to Japanese before I think).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:47:25 AM by Person012345 »