Author Topic: Population and Production page issue  (Read 3329 times)

Offline hiphop38 (OP)

• Space Nazi
  • Leading Rate
  • h
Population and Production page issue
« on: November 27, 2016, 10:12:30 PM »
So I have recently tried to start playing Aurora on my Laptop that I just recently got.

I have installed Aurora as I usually would for my desktop.  Everything works, as in no error messages appear when a page is opened etc. . .  but whenever I try to select a different colony on the population and production page, the list essentially freezes.  However, the rest of the page still works.  All the tabs work, pages work, just the colony table freezes and I cannot change colony. 

It is confusing as I have never seen it happen before and I have not heard of anything like this happening before.

Does anyone know of this issue and or have a solution?

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
Re: Population and Production page issue
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 10:50:05 PM »
First thing to check is to turn off any drivers for touchscreen etc. - VB6 Treeview controls have no clue how to deal with them.

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 04:40:46 AM »
And disable Windows on screen keyboard, Aurora gets all wonky with its on.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 07:26:04 AM »
This has been asked and answered many times, and is on the FAQ. Please re-read the rules of posting.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline hiphop38 (OP)

• Space Nazi
  • Leading Rate
  • h
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »
I understand that I shouldn't be posting here, but I thought id follow up with my solution.

Interestingly enough, simply turning the touch screen off did not fix the issue.  It kept doing that, UNTIL I selected a colony WITH the on screen keyboard up.  (I know, weird)
After that I could close the on screen keyboard and proceed as normal.  This even worked with the touchscreen on, until I pressed the next turn button.  Sadly I have not had time to test all the permutations of this but I thought it would be interesting to others who may have a similar issue.