Author Topic: Solar Hegemony Redux  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Garfunkel (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Solar Hegemony Redux
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2024, 05:00:16 AM »
How'd you manage to get the 5,000-ton army regiments up to Luna? Last time I used fighter shuttles to move some Xeno equipment I ended up having to break the unit down into individual trucks - the 10 shuttle squad couldn't pick up the 10 trucks all at once; it could only pick up 10 individual trucks.
I created five different 250-ton formations, built a bunch of each, then used the shuttles to move them over and finally merged them together into those five regiments you see. Because the numbers did not match perfectly, I did not use the replacement template system but I think I'll try it with the Americans.

This seems ominous as it hints to some darker force behind Stalin's apparent good health...
Oh dear, what could it be?  8)

But then how will the Chinese get screwed over again, as is tradition?
I'm not sure if this campaign will last long enough for China to join in but we can hope that the tradition continues  ;D

And what is the US doing to counter this threat? Pretty soon it will not matter if the Soviets keep their agreement not to engage in ground combat if they can just kinetic-strike the West into dust unopposed!  :o
Ask and ye shall receive!

Thanks to Rocketdyne developing a new engine that is far more fuel efficient than the F-3, USA begins construction of the Gemini class:
Code: [Select]
Gemini class Recon Craft      500 tons       10 Crew       52.4 BP       TCS 10    TH 2    EM 0
200 km/s      Armour 1-5       Shields 0-0       HTK 3      Sensors 18/18/0/0      DCR 0-0      PPV 0
Maint Life 2.14 Years     MSP 6    AFR 20%    IFR 0.3%    1YR 2    5YR 26    Max Repair 18 MSP
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 1 months    Morale Check Required   

Rocketdyne C-110/9 Engine F-2 (1)    Power 2    Fuel Use 201.25%    Signature 2    Explosion 10%
Fuel Capacity 33,200 Litres    Range 5.9 billion km (343 days at full power)

Raytheon AN/AAR-1 (1)     Sensitivity 18     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  33.5m km
Raytheon AN/ACR-2 (1)     Sensitivity 18     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  33.5m km

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction
This design is classed as a Scout for auto-assignment purposes

Pentagon wants a shuttle that can covertly monitor Soviet vessels and emissions, thus the Gemini which carries sensitive thermal and electromagnetic receivers, able to detect engines or other sensors from millions of kilometres away. Americans also managed to bring a new research lab online before constructing another new class, the Dionysus:
Code: [Select]
Dionysus class Early Warning Craft      500 tons       8 Crew       88.4 BP       TCS 10    TH 2    EM 0
200 km/s      Armour 1-5       Shields 0-0       HTK 2      Sensors 0/0/0/0      DCR 0-0      PPV 0
Maint Life 1.36 Years     MSP 11    AFR 20%    IFR 0.3%    1YR 6    5YR 96    Max Repair 72 MSP
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   
Intended Deployment Time: 15 days    Morale Check Required   

Rocketdyne C-110/9 Engine F-2 (1)    Power 2    Fuel Use 201.25%    Signature 2    Explosion 10%
Fuel Capacity 33,200 Litres    Range 5.9 billion km (343 days at full power)

Raytheon AN/APY-3 (1)     GPS 720     Range 25.3m km    Resolution 10

This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and planetary interaction
This design is classed as a Scout for auto-assignment purposes

The large Raytheon AN/APY-3 gravitational radar system utilizes never-before-seen TN-technologies combined with terrestrial radar system, allowing the Dionysus to observer a huge area of space around itself, ensuring that the Soviets could never surprise them. Not so incidentally, the shuttle is capable of sharing targeting data for other space craft if necessary. Both Soviets and the Americans construct bona fide spaceports - the former at Baikonur, the latter at Cape Canaveral. As form follows function, both sites are surprisingly similar with dozens of shuttle pads, fuel tank farms, hangars and warehouses, and traffic control towers, not forgetting the armed security guards at the gates. In October, the deposits of Gallicite run out on Earth, though all three powers have ample stockpiles of it available to them.

American space assets at the end of the year. TS = transport shuttle, SCT = shuttlecraft, RS = rescue shuttle, SEC = security shuttle, AEW = early warning craft, RC = recon craft, GES = geological survey craft.

The following users thanked this post: Shinanygnz, BAGrimm, Warer, BigBacon, nuclearslurpee