Author Topic: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread  (Read 22002 times)

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Re: v1.9.4 Potential Bugs Thread
« Reply #195 on: May 06, 2020, 04:38:22 AM »
- snip -

I am 99% sure this is WAI, could you please post the link fully as I cannot use it to find the post you describe, but I do distinctly remember reading Jupiter would always have a Lagrange point due to its mass, further information would be appreciated

That is the full link, just the anti-spam obfuscation at work. But since that was in fact my tenth post, I should be able to post proper links now. :)

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg109206#msg109206

The planet will be located at a distance between 125% and 225% of the orbit of the most distant dwarf planet. 10% of the time it will be a terrestrial body, 60% a gas giant and 30% a superjovian. Moons, Trojan asteroids and a Lagrange point may also be generated depending on the type of planet generated. If Planet X has a Lagrange point, a Lagrange point will also be generated for Jupiter. While very distant from the inner system, this could add an interesting variation to the Sol system.

Also, I haven't found any LP's so far in systems with only one Super-Jovian. They should only occur in systems with 2 or more Super-Jovians, but I can't make sure of that right now since I'm still stuck in Sol in my current game. About to leave though, so I can check soon™.

On a related note, a way to easier tell normal Gas Giants and Super-Jovians apart would be nice, they're all labeled "Planet - Gas Giant" in the System Display.

And btw, VB6 behaviour was like this as well: either there are at least two LP's, or none at all. http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Lagrange_Point

I will ask steve directly about this, as it could just be poor wording. I will report back once he has given an answer

EDIT: Steve says it WAI, this is not a bug
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 06:02:18 AM by SpaceMarine »

Offline Kyle

• Captain
  • K
  • Quasar4x dev
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2020, 05:22:27 AM »
The function number N/A
The complete error text N/A
The window affected - Environment Tab on the Populations window
What you were doing at the time: normal gameplay
Conventional or TN start : Conv
Random or Real Stars : Random
Is your decimal separator a comma? natively a period
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? Ongoing.

I configured Mars to add Carbon Dioxide to a maximum of 0.1 atm, and it *is* being added; however, the Environment tab displays 0 for desired maximum atm, not 0.1.

DB attached.

By the way could I suggest compacting the DB for the next major version?  Mine dropped from 78mb to 24mb after doing so, then down again to just over 4mb after zipping it.  Only reason I mention it is it's easier on the bug report uploads.

Offline Cosinus

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • C
« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2020, 06:28:34 AM »
These are 2 bugs both related to shipyards:

The function number: #2097
The complete error text: 1.9.4. Attempted to divide by zero
The window affected: Main Window, but also Economy/shipyards
What you were doing at the time: I have two classes (Defiant class and Defiant Mk2 class) that for some strange reason have a refit cost of 0. This is the cause of the bug. When I tried to refit a Defiant class to Defiant 2, it threw the above mentioned error and deleted the shipyard tasks list. Now my save is corrupted (I get an error every construction phase) and I need to go back to a backup. Lesson: Don't try stupid things without saving first.
Conventional or TN start: C
Random or Real Stars: Real
Is your decimal separator a comma?: No
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off?: unknown, I never had 2 classes with a refit cost of zero before. I have not tried to reproduce, but the class designs are in the DB.
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well: 47 years

Additional Info: The only difference between Defiant and Defiant 2 are the 2 upgraded Gauss turrets, 1 upgraded Beam fire control and some fighter fuel storage to bring the tonnage in line. I noticed after the bug happened that they do have the exact same number of build points. This might be why they have a refit cost of zero. Even if the build points are exactly the same, the refit and retool cost should not be zero, as it still takes work to upgrade those components. Also, I'm not even sure why the build points are the same, as the new Fire control costs almost twice as much as the old one.

An additional weird bug: I have some other cruiser variants, namely the Intrepid Strike Cruiser and the Ajax Command Cruiser. A shipyard tooled for the Defiant can build the Ajax and the Intrepid as their build points were apparently similar. All these classes have 2 Gauss turrets and 1 beam fire control for the turrets. I designed a Ajax 2 and Intrepid 2 with the same exact upgrades as the Defiant class (only change gauss turrets, Beam FC, fighter fuel storage). Now, the shipyard tooled for the Defiant 2 class cannot build Intrepid 2 or Ajax 2 classes, but they can build Ajax 1 and Intrepid 1 classes , even though the components difference between Defiant 2 and Ajax 2 is smaller than between Defiant 2 and Ajax 1. This is very confusing, but might be related to the first bug.

A small update, the bug is much easier to reproduce. I noticed when I loaded a backup save, that my Defiant 2 class had not saved with the new components for some reason. So I was actually trying to refit a ship to an identical class.
Steps to reproduce this bug in a new game:
  • new TN start, design a ship, retool a shipyard to it, build one or two (this is faster if you instant shipbuilding rate tech)
  • copy the ship class, make no changes whatsoever
  • retool the shipyard to the new class, this costs 0 and is instant
  • Refit a previously built ship of the first class to the new class (refit cost zero). You get a divide by zero bug and you save gets corrupted.
This can easily happen by accident as my example has shown. Expected behaviour could be that it is instant or that it is not allowed.

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2020, 07:29:49 AM »
Probably it has already posted:

The function number: 569 & 2187
The complete error text: Object reference not set as object instance
The window affected: GU Training
What you were doing at the time: Press "Create Task" while no selecting any GU Template
Conventional or TN start: TN
Random or Real Stars: Real Stars
Is your decimal separator a comma: No
Is the bug easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off: easy
If this is a long campaign: ~30 years

Hello ppl, I quote myself just to have confirmation from the moderators if my bug was reported or not (posted on page 10), as I haven't seen any reply to it.
Beside that, congrats to everyone for the very good job we are doing.

Offline shanedday

• Gold Supporter
  • Leading Rate
  • s
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2020, 08:03:54 AM »
Quote from: SpaceMarine link=topic=11231. msg131168#msg131168 date=1588754476
Quote from: shanedday link=topic=11231. msg131133#msg131133 date=1588742709
Hi, a one salvager related bugs possibly and one suggestion.  .   v 1.  9.  4

The function number - none
The complete error text - none
The window affected - event window
What you were doing at the time - salvaging in a fleet, three salvager ships, medals setup to award as per the salvaging limits. 
Conventional or TN start - TN start
Random or Real Stars - Real
Is your decimal separator a comma? - Y
Is the bug is easy to reproduce, intermittent or a one-off? easily reproduced
If this is a long campaign - say 75 years or longer - let me know the length of the campaign as well - 2106 current year, not sure when it started. 

Description - salvager ship commanders do not seem to recieve the salvaging medals when salvaging in a fleet, when seperated into individual units in fleets, the awards worked ok.   The other item, not sure if it is WAI.  .   when the salvagers cargo hold is full it does not stop salvaging or provide a event, the event displays wreck salvaged, but no minerals or components are displayed.   Could we get the salvager to stop or add in a secondary standing order, possibly conditional?

If the Y = Yes your decimal separator is a comma then please head over here hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php?topic=11139. 0 , having it set this way can cause a multitude of issues involving display bugs etc.  Once you have done so please attempt to reproduce the bug and then edit your post accordingly

Apologies, the decimal seperator is a period.

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #200 on: May 06, 2020, 08:11:53 AM »
Note sure if this has been reported:
The Research tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Labs" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.
The Shipyard Tasks tab does not remember my selection of "Sort by Size" or "Sort by Date" after I close the Econ window.

It would be very nice if those selections were sticky, if only for the current game session.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #201 on: May 06, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »
Locking thread for v1.9.5 update