Author Topic: Influencing or setting inter-NPR relationships  (Read 1295 times)

Offline ty55101 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
Influencing or setting inter-NPR relationships
« on: July 16, 2017, 12:53:20 AM »
So, I was trying to set up a start with a few already laid out NPRs through some systems. I was coming up with some lore so I started giving ships and changing diplomatic relations and then I realized something. I have no idea how to change diplomatic relations between 2 NPRs to what I want.

At first I thought about making a player race then changing it to a NPR, but that isn't possible either. So for any of you that need to keep NPRs from fighting or hostile in your game how do you do it?
More guns = more funs

Offline Lamandier

• Chief Petty Officer
  • Joker, Smoker, Midnight Toker
Re: Influencing or setting inter-NPR relationships
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 09:50:42 AM »
In SM mode there's a 'Change DR' button on the Intel and Foreign Relations window(bottom of the Political Relations tab).

Unfortunately, in order to change DR between NPRs, you'd need to be in designer mode. The only way to do what you're describing without the designer password is to create and run them as player races.
"In doing so, you will see things no human has ever seen before! It will be... fun! Assuming you're not vaporized, dissected, or otherwise killed in an assortment of supremely horrible and painful ways! Exciting, isn't it?"

Offline Detros

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »
Can you maybe set it indirectly? High or low xenophobia, big ship in home system, few FACs positioned next to other NPR freighters...

Offline ty55101 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:48:10 AM »
Can you maybe set it indirectly? High or low xenophobia, big ship in home system, few FACs positioned next to other NPR freighters...

I thought about those except for the FACs and freighters and those work fine if I only have a couple NPRs that I want to set up. The problem is that if I have 3 or more that I want to have differing diplomatic relations then I can't do that. Currently the only option for improving relations outside of racial characteristics would be to spend hours in spacemaster getting them to make contact and then keeping them out of each others systems so that they can build up a good enough diplomacy. And making bad relations when one NPR has good diplomacy would be to spawn in ships in the homesystem of the other NPR and give them to the one with good diplomacy. If it didn't take so long then I might be okay with that, but at the minimum it would take an hour and a half of constant work.

The other option would be to set the diplomacy and homeworld using a spacemaster race then granting it independence and giving it colonies, but independence creating NPRs hasn't been implemented yet so that can't be done either. The only options there seems to be is start begging for the designer mode password which I will never get or just wait for Steve to finish the C# version and hope that he implements independence turning the colony into an NPR.
More guns = more funs

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »
Send Steve a message asking for the designer mode password. It's got quite a few things for interfering with the NPR, basically unlocking them to be modified like most player races.
However the potential for corrupting the database while doing this is rather high, which is why you need to ask for the password, Steve wouldn't want a bunch of bug reports about things literally caused by a player doing things using designer mode.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "