Author Topic: No engines available  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Cfant (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
No engines available
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:05:46 AM »
Hi!

Just started with Aurora and try to design a few scout ships for survey.   Sadly I have no engines.   What can I do? All research about it would a take longer than my ressources last and b there is no engine available. 
so my design shows engien power 0 - not good  ;)
So my question - how can I get some engines for my ships?

By the way - in the design screen under the point errors nothing shines up.  shouldnt there be a "your ship cant move" or something?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:09:40 AM by Cfant »

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: No engines available
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:15:54 AM »
There is no error message because some "ship" designs do not need engines - like star bases and so on.

You need to research Pressurized Water Reactor to unlock the first engine tech, which is Nuclear Pulse Engine Technology and then research that as well. Then you need to design your engine and research ("prototype") it. Only after that process will there be engines showing up in the module list for class design.

Offline Cfant (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • C
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 08:26:21 AM »
sounds complicated.   :o I will try.  Thank you very much!

Offline Person012345

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 09:22:58 AM »
No, you don't. There's a tech called "conventional engine technology" that you should already have even from a conventional start. You need to go to the design screen to design a new engine, then research that. But note that conventional engines are very slow and should at most be a stop-gap until you get the above mentioned technology.