Author Topic: Has this Asteroid already been surveyed?  (Read 1601 times)

Offline Pyromanuel (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • P
Has this Asteroid already been surveyed?
« on: January 08, 2012, 04:05:02 PM »
Hey there,
My GeoSurvey ships are reporting that there are no further bodies to survey, more precisely: no more within a radius of 10b km.

This means that my ships don't check for "northern" bodies when they are at a "southern" body, bcause my solarsystem ha a much bigger diameter.  Right?
Even the radius is with something between 12b and 13b greater than 10b, so even if I get my survey fleet back to earth, they still won't target the periphery.

That's the problem, now the question  ;)

Is there a possibility to make this default order "Survey Next Five System Bodies" search a radius of 30b instead of 10b for targets?

Is there a table that shows me all system bodies where I can see with ease if a body already had a survey ore visit from my Geo-Team?

I found a Window for the geo-reports, but this doesn't help with what I'm aiming at.  It lets me search for already found mineral deposits, but only one mineral-type at a time.  It also can't show unsurveyed bodies, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Has this Asteroid already been surveyed?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 04:08:47 PM »
Hey there,
My GeoSurvey ships are reporting that there are no further bodies to survey, more precisely: no more within a radius of 10b km.

This means that my ships don't check for "northern" bodies when they are at a "southern" body, bcause my solarsystem ha a much bigger diameter.  Right?
Even the radius is with something between 12b and 13b greater than 10b, so even if I get my survey fleet back to earth, they still won't target the periphery.

That's the problem, now the question  ;)

Is there a possibility to make this default order "Survey Next Five System Bodies" search a radius of 30b instead of 10b for targets?

Is there a table that shows me all system bodies where I can see with ease if a body already had a survey ore visit from my Geo-Team?

I found a Window for the geo-reports, but this doesn't help with what I'm aiming at.  It lets me search for already found mineral deposits, but only one mineral-type at a time.  It also can't show unsurveyed bodies, which is exactly what I'm looking for.

On the F3 system map, go to the Minerals tab and click the Show Surveyed Bodies checkbox. Every surveyed body will be circled on the map.

Steve

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2012, 04:43:36 PM »
You can also go the the Task Group Orders screen (where you normally issue orders to fleets), and tic the check-boxes to show all asteroids, moons and comets, and to hide surveyed bodies. The list of potential destinations will then only include the unsurveyed planets, asteroids, moons and comets.

Offline Pyromanuel (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 11:11:01 AM »
Wow, thank you for the quick replies.  Seems like good support is a common thing among indie-games ;)

I'll try your suggestions asap.