Author Topic: Research not working anymore  (Read 1631 times)

Offline zazu (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • z
Research not working anymore
« on: July 02, 2013, 09:37:24 AM »
Hello all

After terraforming Mars to a 0.0 planet I decided to move all my research labs to Mars to make it a research planet.

When research ended on Terra I moved the opened up research labs to Mars and then resumed researching. This went well until I started getting overflow errors on Mars whenever I went to the research screen.

I noticed certain tech had N/A as completion date and the researchers who did had 0 Annual RP but with research labs assigned.

I removed every research lab I owned and re-added them using SM but the problem remains. What caused this?

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Research not working anymore
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 10:10:34 AM »
Did you move the scientist's/researcher's as well?
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline doomsought

• Leading Rate
  • d
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 10:12:30 AM »
What is the population of mars?
Go to the overview tab and look at where it lists employment, you might not have enough population to run the labs.

Offline zazu (OP)

• z
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:39:31 AM »
What is the population of mars?
Go to the overview tab and look at where it lists employment, you might not have enough population to run the labs.

Hmm, just checked and there was a shortage of 40m workers. I filled up the shortage using SM but the problem remains.

Did you move the scientist's/researcher's as well?

I just tried that but it didn't work

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:06:03 PM »
Did you cancel all projects prior to moving the labs?  If not this is most likely the issue.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline zazu (OP)

• z
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
Did you cancel all projects prior to moving the labs?  If not this is most likely the issue.

I didn't, and I had a few instances were research RP was reduced because some labs were moved but how would I fix this now? I cleared all ongoing research, moved scientists to Mars and removed every lab and re-added them using SM

How... embarrasing. I might have found the source of the problem. My political stability on Mars was at 0%

Yikes!

Thanks for the help nonetheless, just my sheer stupidity which caused this! :)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 02:10:15 PM by zazu »

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 02:29:39 PM »
[How... embarrasing. I might have found the source of the problem. My political stability on Mars was at 0%

Yikes!

Thanks for the help nonetheless, just my sheer stupidity which caused this! :)

Don't feel bad about this, all of us have experienced something similar.  Even those of us who go all the way back to when Steve was working on Starfire Assistant have had these moments.

Brian

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »
Like Brian said, don't sweet it.