Author Topic: Genetic Modification gone wrong.  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Andy8583 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Genetic Modification gone wrong.
« on: April 05, 2018, 12:40:51 PM »
No, I didn't create an Eldritch horror on some dark, far flung moon colony, its something much worse. . .

For some reason my people segregating themselves!

Ok, so I'm colonizing Europa, and because it would take AGES to terraform it to a reasonable degree I figured I would also genetically modify the local human populace into Dark Elves (-G, -T, -O) so that the infra/supported population would increase faster.

Unfortunatly, it seems that after undergoing the new gene treatment my colonists become hated by the old humans and all the dark elves are being thrown out of the infrastructure to die, how do I stop this?

Do I just need to ship infrastructure over there again? Or do I need to just let it roll and watch the bloodbath commence as Humans are converted into Dark Elves and killed until there are no Humans left and then the Dark Elves will just reclaim the infrastructure left over?

Offline Tree

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Genetic Modification gone wrong.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 12:58:53 PM »
Using genetic modification centers creates a second colony on the same world, that's just how it works.
You can split your infrastructure and buildings using SpaceMaster mode or use your ships and ship it all to the new dark elves colony.
Even if you converted them all, you would still have a human colony with 0 population and a dark elves colony with everyone but no buildings.

Offline Andy8583 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Re: Genetic Modification gone wrong.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 05:09:33 PM »
I see.  Well I've decided to just let both colonies co-exist now, so Mars will not host its own nature reserve for dark elves, cuz I sure ain't doing that again on any other colonies haha.