Author Topic: Academy Leader  (Read 1499 times)

Offline DavidFRS (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
Academy Leader
« on: December 28, 2020, 03:09:02 PM »
How can I find out who is in charge with the Military Academy? For example, if you want to know who is the commander of a particular ship or and admin command, you select that particular ship/admin command and it tells you who is the CO. Is there any similar way to do this for the Academy?

Thank you!

Offline Migi

• Captain
Re: Academy Leader
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
How can I find out who is in charge with the Military Academy? For example, if you want to know who is the commander of a particular ship or and admin command, you select that particular ship/admin command and it tells you who is the CO. Is there any similar way to do this for the Academy?

Thank you!
The easiest way to find the person is to use the commanders window.
If you remember what type of commander and what rank then add that to the filters (you might need to filter for higher ranks if they got promoted). If you don't remember then filter to all leaders.
Scroll through the filtered list of the commanders, looking at the current assignment, there is a specific abbreviation for academy commanders but I don't remember what it is, something like ACD or ADM.
It's not the easiest thing in the world unfortunately.

The following users thanked this post: DavidFRS

Offline DavidFRS (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 07:05:28 PM »

The easiest way to find the person is to use the commanders window.
If you remember what type of commander and what rank then add that to the filters (you might need to filter for higher ranks if they got promoted). If you don't remember then filter to all leaders.
Scroll through the filtered list of the commanders, looking at the current assignment, there is a specific abbreviation for academy commanders but I don't remember what it is, something like ACD or ADM.
It's not the easiest thing in the world unfortunately.
[/quote]

That is exactly what I was doing. The thing is that sometimes I even forget what kind of leader I have in the Academy (is it a scientist or a navy one or...). So I need to go through all these categories. I thought that maybe there is a faster way to do it.

Thanks anyway!  :)

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2020, 09:27:03 AM »
Sorry for derailing the thread, but what qualification should the academy commander have? The academy is very much the only job basically every leader can be assigned to. Which skill and which background do you use?

Offline tobijon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • t
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2020, 10:13:26 AM »
Academy commanders produce more of their own type than others, scientist generate more scientist on average for example. The skills they have also show up more often, so a commander with the survey skill will increase the likelihood of the survey skill in new graduates. Use whatever you need more of, I have two academies, one for scientists and one for naval commanders

Offline DavidFRS (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • D
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 06:54:46 PM »
Sorry for derailing the thread, but what qualification should the academy commander have? The academy is very much the only job basically every leader can be assigned to. Which skill and which background do you use?

http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=C-Commander_Boni