Author Topic: Mining  (Read 1369 times)

Offline x2yzh9 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • x
Mining
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:05:21 PM »
I keep getting messages that my mineral resources are being exhausted, does that mean that i can't mine any more from that planet or i'm just out of it and have to wait for it  to mine?

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Mining
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 12:04:55 AM »
That means you're out of it on that planet, and will have to find another source of that Mineal, to keep using it, however, if you havent formed a Geology team on that planet, it may have untapped reserves (teams are formed in the Teams tab of the economics windows)

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:33:25 AM »
Quote from: "x2yzh9"
I keep getting messages that my mineral resources are being exhausted, does that mean that i can't mine any more from that planet or i'm just out of it and have to wait for it  to mine?
A mineral exhausted event means the planet has been mined out. A mineral shortage event means not enough is being mined to keep up with production. You can check the mineral situation for a specific colony on the Minerals tab of the Economics window. Also see the mineral tab section of the Tutorial as it is a very short section.

Steve

Offline Elmo

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 08:43:58 AM »
Once you form a geology team do they have to be activated to survey their current planet or will they do it automatically?  Also do you need to put them on a ship with a geo survey scanner to have them rescan other bodies, or do you move them in any ship from body to body?  I assume they don't have to land to survey uninhabitable bodies.  Thanks.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »
Quote from: "Elmo"
Once you form a geology team do they have to be activated to survey their current planet or will they do it automatically?  Also do you need to put them on a ship with a geo survey scanner to have them rescan other bodies, or do you move them in any ship from body to body?  I assume they don't have to land to survey uninhabitable bodies.  Thanks.

No, they don't need to be activated - they survey the body of the colony in which they are.

No, they don't work from ships, they work from colonies (on the ground).  In other words, they always have to land.  I think you're being confused by the word "uninhabitable" - it doesn't mean that no "colonies" are allowed, it just means you can't put colonists in them.

John

Offline Elmo

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 09:08:03 AM »
Thanks.  I usually think of "uninhabitable" as places with crushing gravity or corrosive atmosphere where you can't survive or even land.  But I realize that is not really a game term so I should be careful using it.