Author Topic: Ship Component Stockpile  (Read 1741 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Ship Component Stockpile
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:20:31 AM »
Exactly what am I suppose to do with components that I get when I scrap an old ship?

Can they be reused into new ships if the components still are in use?

Can I retrofit them into other ships?

Or should I just scrap then and get some minerals back?

Offline Theokrat

• Lt. Commander
Re: Ship Component Stockpile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »
When you build a ship that uses stockpiled components, it gets built quicker, and at lower costs. So when the components are not too out of date, it is perfectly viable to re-use them. Otherwise just scrap for a bit of extra materials. You can also pre-fabricate ship compenents using industry for the same reasons.

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:11:04 AM »
Ah... pretty neat... as I suspected. I will certainly use this feature as much as I can. I managed some very good production scientist in my current game so I can certainly afford to pre fabricate components that way. :)

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 07:21:35 PM »
I find that the most important component to pre-fab is the engines-- they take such a large portion of the ship, so having them on hand seems to cut the biggest chunk of time.

An oft-requested item is the "prefab-[shipname]" feature, which produces all of the components for a specific ship in a single pulse.  In this way one could have a single line item component that could be shipped from planet to planet, in which is packaged all of the necessary components for production.