Author Topic: Vandermeers Glorious Efficient Engine Engineer  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Garfunkel (OP)

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Vandermeers Glorious Efficient Engine Engineer
« on: May 02, 2016, 10:04:05 PM »
Hey Vandermeer, I found your Excel sheet on my hard drive. It says it is meant for Aurora 6.4 - have you updated it for 7.1 or does the old version still work fine?

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
Re: Vandermeers Glorious Efficient Engine Engineer
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:52:45 AM »
Yes, in fact, I still use it myself. The basic propulsion math mechanics behind Aurora haven't changed, and I figure they won't in a long time, so this should stay fairly up to date.

You might also be interested in this thread: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7647.0
...where 2 other members here submitted similar sheets that instead solve for either highest speed on a desired range and mass designation, or minimum mass for a wanted speed and range combo. So with mine, which solves for range on wanted speed and mass, you have all 3 situations covered.

I have all 3, and use all 3, but I wanted to merge them into one super sheet for long. Problem is, the other two are more advanced, as they use VBA custom programmed commands, which I can read and understand, but not write myself, and I simply don't feel like learning VBA just for this purpose.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

The following users thanked this post: Garfunkel

Offline Garfunkel (OP)

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Vandermeers Glorious Efficient Engine Engineer
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 09:14:25 AM »
Thanks!