Off Topic > Game/Book Reviews

The Void War

(1/3) > >>

Steve Walmsley:
Just read a book called the Void War - first in a new series. Enjoyable read! Unusual mechanics of interstellar travel made it interesting as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Void-War-Empire-Rising-Book-ebook/dp/B0144Z9CIW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445292225&sr=8-1&keywords=void+war

TheRequimen:
Reading it now.

Beersatron:
I am also reading it right now, bought it this morning.

chrislocke2000:
Read the first book and also enjoyed it. Went on to read the second and unfortunately it all fell down from me there. He seems to have tried to make it space opera in scale but sticking to having just one ship doing everything that was getting increasingly preposterous to me. Shame as the initial one was reasonable.

Garfunkel:
Due to this thread, I got the first book. It's not terrible though the way the author romanticises British nobility is really preposterous, but it's a fairly small detail. The FTL mechanics are definitely fresh and quite interesting. The main character goes through actual growth and development, which is good because early on he's quite a jackass. It was quite amusing to read the battle descriptions where these big, dangerous ships fire a handful of missiles at each other, when our Aurora missile salvos are easily hundreds and hundreds strong.

That bit about the second book sounds annoying chrislocke2000 but not surprising. The first book already had some warning signs of going space opera full ham style.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version