Author Topic: Cargo/Personnel Transfers between TaskGroups  (Read 1327 times)

Online ZimRathbone (OP)

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Cargo/Personnel Transfers between TaskGroups
« on: April 27, 2008, 05:40:10 AM »
Could you please introduce an order allowing transfers of Cargo, teams or personnel with another TG.

I frequently have freighter TGs delivering Jumpgate Components to JUmpgate contruction TGs, and either I have to manually move the freighters to the other fleet or give a join order after the fleets meet up and then re-create the Frieghter TG manually (as it gets Zapped in the join order).

I also occasionallly have two fleets meeting up to move a commander or team accross (usually for delivery elsewhere at high speed) and this would help this scenario too

Cheers

Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by ZimRathbone »
Slàinte,

Mike

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Cargo/Personnel Transfers between TaskGroups
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:02:50 AM »
Quote from: "ZimRathbone"
Could you please introduce an order allowing transfers of Cargo, teams or personnel with another TG.

I frequently have freighter TGs delivering Jumpgate Components to JUmpgate contruction TGs, and either I have to manually move the freighters to the other fleet or give a join order after the fleets meet up and then re-create the Frieghter TG manually (as it gets Zapped in the join order).
In v3.0, jump gate construction ships will now use jump gate components from any freighters in the same location, not just the same fleet. So you can now leave your freighter fleet intact and just move it to the jump point. Give the construction ship the build order and once construction begins you can move the freighters away.

I also occasionallly have two fleets meeting up to move a commander or team accross (usually for delivery elsewhere at high speed) and this would help this scenario too

I think teams can be moved on the Parasite Ships tab of the Ship window and you can relocate commanders on the commander window.

The idea of a a cargo transfer function is a good one though. I'll see what I can come up with.

Steve
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Steve Walmsley »