Author Topic: Maintenace facility can they only maintain?  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Norm49 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • N
Maintenace facility can they only maintain?
« on: May 21, 2020, 10:53:05 AM »
Hi I colonize mars and Luna and I move some maintenance facility there to maintain there defence fleet. Those fleet have very poor life spend and need those maintenance facility but I do not want those maintenance facility to produce spare part. Is it possible for them to only maintain a fleet with with out producing spare part? How can I achieve this?

If it is not possible can the maintenance module form a space station can do it?

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
Re: Maintenace facility can they only maintain?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 10:58:24 AM »
In the Industry tab of the Economics window, where you control production, there should be an option to pause the construction of MSP next to the option to pause the refining of fuel.

Remember that Maintenance Facilities and Maintenance Modules will still require MSP to keep ships in proper upkeep, depending on the cost of the ships being maintained.

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2020, 10:59:10 AM »
You can turn them off on your industry tab, similar to the refineries. However, they do require MSP to maintain ships, so you have to ship MSP in from somewhere else.

Offline Norm49 (OP)

• N
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2020, 11:44:16 AM »
I know i can turn it off but apparently when i do so it also stoop maintenance on the ship. Actual it doesn't seem to work at all on my colony even if it is tun on. I did moue resource and supply to the colonies. They can maintain 25'000 tonnes and i have 24'335 tonnes in orbit.

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2020, 12:04:21 PM »
Maintenance facilites do work. If you provided the colony which they are on with MSP, they should function normally and use up the MSP slowly.

Offline Norm49 (OP)

• N
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 05:40:38 PM »
Ok I manage to make it work but I can't figure out a ways to automatically handle the supply or resource. Is it possible to tell a ship to keep a colony supply or resource at a desire level with a maximum so it doesn't drain resource form a other colonies?

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 06:20:20 PM »
Ok I manage to make it work but I can't figure out a ways to automatically handle the supply or resource. Is it possible to tell a ship to keep a colony supply or resource at a desire level with a maximum so it doesn't drain resource form a other colonies?

ATM there is no such a command unfortunately but it's wanted. Who knows, maybe Steve adds it at one point.

There is a workaround. You can put the supply ship at the same place with your desired fleet to maintain and then you can conditional command that ship to print in the event log when it's supplies below %30. It will say, x ship cannot do the following as conditional order says.