Author Topic: Ground Forces Question  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Maltay (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Ground Forces Question
« on: April 05, 2010, 11:42:35 AM »
How does one make use of a Replacement Battalion?  For example, to account for combat losses among other battalions?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Online Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Ground Forces Question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »
If it is present on planet with the damaged battalions it will lose strength and they will gain strength faster

Offline Maltay (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 11:54:58 AM »
Quote from: "Andrew"
If it is present on planet with the damaged battalions it will lose strength and they will gain strength faster

Does this work for all other battalions and the Engineer Brigade, or only for certain units?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 12:02:30 PM »
Quote from: "Maltay"
How does one make use of a Replacement Battalion?  For example, to account for combat losses among other battalions?

So far as I can tell, a Replacement Battalion is just a really crappy unit, probably from being only barely trained.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 12:05:24 PM »
Quote from: "The Shadow"

So far as I can tell, a Replacement Battalion is just a really crappy unit, probably from being only barely trained.

This is an incorrect assessment of replacement battalions.

As someone mentioned upthread, replacement battalions make depleted units return to full strength more quickly.  You should be able to find the thread in which Steve introduced them and discusses them, probably in mechanics and probably with a title that's talking about  "new" ground combat rules.

John

Offline The Shadow

• Lieutenant
  • T
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
Whoops. :)

So what determines how fast a planet changes political states?  Is there anyway to speed the process along?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 02:57:16 PM by The Shadow »

Online Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 02:03:29 PM »
Quote from: "Andrew"

Does this work for all other battalions and the Engineer Brigade, or only for certain units?
AFAIK it works for every unit