Author Topic: Creating a new task force (not task group)  (Read 2698 times)

Offline Jaque_Thay (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • J
Creating a new task force (not task group)
« on: June 29, 2014, 12:05:09 AM »
Hi all,

I've reached the stage where I've got too many task groups cluttering up my screen.  From the Task Group (F12) menu it looks like I should be able to create additional Task Forces (default one is Fleet Headquarters).  Am I right in this thought? That there's some way of selecting which task force you want to choose task groups from and then assigning orders to the task group?

I've tried searching and found a few posts from ~2010 saying the answer is in the Naval Organisation tab but that just seems to subdivide the existing task force without making it easier to see or search for specific task groups.  I'd assumed Flag Bridges were something to do with this, so I could have multiple command HQs each one looking after a different Task Force (so I could put a survey bonus staff officer in a flag bridge for one fleet while using a combat bonus staff officer in a flag bridge for a different fleet in a different system).  Is that right, or do I have it backwards somehow?

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
Re: Creating a new task force (not task group)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 01:13:04 PM »
To create additional task forces and assign ships (simplified Version):
Step 1: Go To Task Force Organization
Step 2: click New TF
Step 3: Go To Task Groups
Step 4: Click Naval Organization Tab
Step 5: Add a branch to the new Task Force
Step 6: Assign Task Group/Ship
Step 7: Create Task Group

it still won't solve your original problem of far too many task groups in your task group management window.
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."