Author Topic: Wheres all the NPRs  (Read 1747 times)

Offline congo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
Wheres all the NPRs
« on: January 18, 2012, 08:10:13 AM »
first i would like to say  want a fantastic game this is really.    great job .   well done.   
i game in friday  really  drunk i thought i was dieing i really did,i have renamed this game in my head .   INSANE IN THE BRAIN.   
ANY MY problem
i have maximum amount of systems  at the start of game 20
and  i created   4  NPRs.   at start
i found  1  after i had  discovered about 17  systems.   
so i added  6 more systems and   3  more NPRs.   
now threw  sm mode  i can  see the   3 other NPRs but the have  see about  6 systems (but theres are not yet connected why is this ?)i have now seen  27 but not theres yet whys this ? .   But i  should only have 26 maximum.   THERES ABOUT 32.
and when will i get to meet some NPRs i am having reall problems meeting these.   
whats  a really fool proof set up  so i meet NPRs say with in about 5 years.   
i am on 25 years and nought.   

« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 08:15:40 AM by congo »

Offline Atlantia

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is a wug.
Re: Wheres all the NPRs
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:20:02 PM »
When you start a game you could make the NPR Generation Chance higher than its default 30%. I'm surprised you haven't run into any, otherwise.
Now there are two of them.   There are two ______.

Offline congo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »
so am i,and it makes my games so far a little, i,m now just trying to find jump points praying there will be a  alien. econmics is out the window just a little mining because i need the aliens to  keep my spirits up. (i am in contact with 1 and we share stuff)but i,m hoping someone will atack him so i can  swope in and save the day.
when  i had 20 systems max. i had expolered say 19  . so  i added 6 more sysytems .
then at the same time i added  6 systems  i added  2 then 1 more  nprs  .
now these have appeared in  other systems and when in sm mode they have expolered about 7 systems .
now in this time i have expolered enougher 6 systems but still i have not connected with the new  nprs. this makes a total of about  32 systems when the max is meant to be  26. i have all in all 7 nprs  4 in the start and  3 added  later 30 years have passed and i have met 1 .
o and on a complete side note   what  is    206%  or 405%  mean when making missiles.
i understand numbers under 100% and i can understand  206%  if it meant 206% of a thousand but some how i dont think it does.

Offline Atlantia

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is a wug.
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 06:07:45 PM »
Welp, I have nothing new to offer with NPRs. I imagine that when you add a system, it's not possible for an NPR to generate there, but I'm not sure.

Anyways, about missiles, it might refer to the chance to hit targets moving at a certain speed. If your missile has a high speed and agility, it will have a better-than 100% chance to hit something moving much slower. You can imagine anything above 100% as just being 100%, if it makes you feel better.
Now there are two of them.   There are two ______.

Offline MrAnderson

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • M
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:21:52 PM »
You can also add NPRs through system information in SM mode, if you REALLY want a fight...

Offline congo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 07:34:09 PM »
i have added  3  nprs  in sm mode and they have explored about 7 systems of there own but a havent seen any of there systems yet. which makes me wonder whether because when i  set up game i left use known stars, ticked. i dont know buti am   of to play game. thanks for help

Offline Havear

• Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 05:14:52 AM »
He meant you can enter SM mode, open up the F9 system window, and manually add an NPR to a suitable body you know of by clicking the body, "Create Empire", checking the "Create as NPR" box, and fiddling with the settings until you get someone you feel comfortable fighting.

Offline congo (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:59:09 PM »
o right i didn,t know that thanks.
i have started a new game now with  8 nprs and  22 systems at start.
no  ai  controlled  swams or those other 2 ai  ones.
i have lifted the tolorances  against atmosphere a few % ,i do this because i think this must be the controlling factor. in other words  what is stopping me putting hundreds of  nprs. well  first  proccessor, then available worlds .
the way i see it is under normal conditions  if you order there to be 20 nprs in a 20 max start systems.  it will  only beable  to  acomerdate  1 or 2  because of atmosphere.
thats my expert opinion after 30 years of game playing and about 4 weeks of aurora. 

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 04:42:34 PM »
Just note though that the max systems isn't exact, I haven't ran into myself but have seen others report that more systems than the set max will be created. I think it is to do with the system generation that Steve has built.

Also, 8 NPRs is quite a lot! I would normally only start with 1 because once things get along a few years the turns can get quite long with 4/5 NPRs.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »
Yeah, i think the max systems have to do with how branchy the map is.  If you have too small a number of systems, its possible to get trapped in a little circular area with no outside jump point connections to new stars.